GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by labrite34

1. L

Downpipe+Tune or Haldex Controller

Help me decide. I am Stage 1+ right now, VWR Intake, HPFP. Sway bar, end links, stiff control arms, KW coilovers. Should I go for the switchable haldex controller for less understeer? Or should I go for a downpipe + stock catback and tune for the better torque curve?
  2. L

Spacers (2)10mm, (2)15mm, (2)17mm, (2)20mm + bolts

all fit mk6, bought new wheels and only run my stock wheels in winter so selling my sets. one set came with the car (17mm and 20mm) which looks good at stock height. when I lowered, had too much rubbing so I got the 10mm/15mm ECS Flush Kit. no rubbing (but I do have rolled fenders) black bolts...
  3. L

knock noise driving me crazy; RSB/endlink?

i have been disassembling and reassembling my rear suspension for a while now, multiple times, trying to find the root of the knock noise. hopefully someone has had something similar. H&R Rear Sway Bar with Whiteline Adjustable End Links, KW Coilovers. Knock noise comes from ONE SIDE, the...
  4. L

Mud Flaps; Best way to custom fab?

I know there are no available mud flaps for the R, but has anyone had any luck w/ a custom fab? Does anyone know of a generic, tough rubber that can be mounted to the rear fender lining?
  5. L

APR vs Borla vs Milltek DP

Im planning on keeping a stock catback, but getting a Downpipe. Any noticeable differences w/ APR Downpipe - Borla Downpipe - Milltek Downpipe? I would keep it with a cat. converter, but am not sure about whether or not to have it resonated. Anyone have experience with this? :thumbsup:
  6. L

Talladaga Summer Tire Size Recommendation?

Thinking of purchasing new wheels next summer with wider dimensions, and I want THIS summers tires to be transferred over to potentially 8.5 wheels. What tire size should I purchase that would work w/ OEM Talladegas (7.5" wide) and also be able to transfer to 8.5" wide. 225/40/18 is stock. will...
  7. L

Feels like power drops off at 4800rpm

Hey guys, I'm looking for some ideas on what to check for, how to use my ross-tech to look into this issue, or if it's a non-issue. I recently gave my car a WOT pull at the middle of 2nd and into/through 3rd. When I got to ~5k rpm, I noticed the pull stops. It creeps its way up to the top of...
  8. L

Roof Rack/Snowboard Haul Question

1. OEM GTI/Golf Roof Racks, what brand Snowboard/Ski attachments fit? 2. Is there enough clearance to put a snowboard upside down and not have the roof scratched up? Does anyone have a method to protecting the roof? 3. Any luck w/ hauling 3+ snowboards in a gti/golf w/o shelling out for a...
  9. L

sun-visors w/o warning label?

hoping to find some black sunvisors (flip down w/ mirror and vanity light) without the warning sticker, does anyone know of a place selling them? or has anyone tried to remove the warning sticker from them?
  10. L

headunit options?

I have the non-nav headunit (not sure what it is specifically, RCD510 maybe?). I feel like the ipod searching is slow and frustrating (sometimes, when going into Artists -> Particular Artist -> Albums -> Songs, it will crash and I have to start over [may be a problem with my ipod, never had...
  11. L

clunk in coilovers, new install

hey yall, i know this is very vague, but im wondering if there are typical dummy mistakes that would cause a clunk in the coilovers i just install. kw v2, everything is torqued down, i went back in and checked all the bolts and shook things around to no avail. noise is coming from the fronts...
  12. L

Got my R!

I was in the process of finalizing my purchase for literally 7 weeks. Finally got my Golf R! 2013, 35xxx on the clock, Rising Blue 2 Dr. Go a few things in the mail: front emblem in chrome, lower front grill (cracked), touch up paint, Koni coilovers w/ strut mounts, skid plate. Hopefully...
  13. L

Koni Coilovers Part #

Hey all, I have a '13 Golf R, and am ready to buy some Koni Coilovers. I see two part numbers that will supposedly fit the mk5/6, but am unsure if it matters whether its the FWD GTI/Golf or Golf R AWD platform. 1150-5080 and 1150-5080-1 is what I find and cannot figure out which works for the...
  14. L

is KW V2 on a Golf R low enough?

Believe me, I have searched. I am ready to pull the trigger on the KW V2 for Golf R (I believe the drop would be similar on a GTI or Golf), but I am weary if it will be low enough if I want to drop it as low as possible. Can someone post a picture of them as low as they go?
  15. L

Picking up my R next weekend

Whatsup everybody. I'm picking up my 2013 Golf R next weekend. It has an APR HPFP, VWR Intake and APR Chip. With that, I went ahead and ordered a Cam Follower and the parts necessary to change it out. I am going to do an oil change right when I get it. What else should be done as preventative...