GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by lemarin

1. lemarin

WTB: OEM Talladega 19's wheel

I absolutely want to buy a set, of second hand OEM talladega Wheel for my Golf R. Whatever the color, it does'nt matter, even with few scratch I am a buyer ! Unfortunately these wheels are very rare on this side of the Atlantic, so even if you live over Europe or Australia, I'm willing to pay...
  2. lemarin

Front lip, rear diffuser for Golf R

I might order, in a near future a CF front lip, top rear spoiler and rear diffuser for my MK6 Golf R. I'm looking at these products, any feedback from these companies ? Front lip + rear spoiler: http://www.ghostknit.com/product/golf-r-spoiler-bundle/ Rear diffuser...
  3. lemarin

Steering shaking at high speed

I recently made some upgrades on my '12 Golf R. Since then, my steering wheel shakes, sometime, sometime more, sometime less, at different speed (all above 140 km/h). I know it's not the tires, since it shakes on both, my winter tires and summer tires as well. What can that be ? here are the...
  4. lemarin

Rotors problem

At 20500 km, my Golf R brakes starts shaking....I show the problem to my dealer, and they changed the front rotors+pads under warranty. Now barely above 30000 km, and I'm having the same issue. What could be the problem ? I'm wondering if this issue has something to do with the winter + salt +...
  5. lemarin

XL recomended: is it necessary ?

I'm looking for a set of tire for the track only in the size 235/45R17 for my 2012 Golf R. For some reasons, XL tires are recomended for the R, but the tire I'm looking at are not available with the XL mention. Is it necessary to have XL rated tires on the Golf R ? The tires Id like to buy are...
  6. lemarin

TTs Lower arm conversion to Golf R

Like the tittle says, anyone has performed this mods on their Golf R or GTI ? The idea is to be able to adjust camber, using front lower arm from the TT-S. I can't find what parts are needed, and where to order them ? I'm also planning to buy the RS3 bushing to complete the job. Anyone can...
  7. lemarin

Golf R track tires: which ones ?

I'm looking to buy a dedicated set of wheel/tires for track only. For the weels, I'm thinking about the OZ Alleggerita HLT (about 17.4 lbs each). For the tires, I'm thinking to keep the OEM size, 225/40R18. Now, I tried to find review about the difference brand/model of tires available for...
  8. lemarin

Passat CC Sunvisor retrofit with Homelink

I recently ordered a Passat CC Sunvisor, with homelink transmiter. I followed this DIY on Vortex: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5657332-DIY-CC-Homelink-visor I used the second diagram, without new fuse circuit and for some reasons, it doesn't work. Anyone has performed this...
  9. lemarin

Fuel Line rattle

Any R owner with this problem here ? It's a very loud rattle, mostly when the car is idling, and it comes from under the floor, between the passenger front seat and the front fender. I looked here and there, and found that there's a DIY for many MK5/MK6 Golf to fix this one. Since my car don't...
  10. lemarin

OEM Euro Recaros: how is the comfort ?

I'm wondering, about the beautiful OEM Recaro from the european R, how is their comfort for long rides ? For racing, they are great for sure, but I'm not racing, I'm just using the R on the street, for trips over 100 miles at the time. Also how are the seat adjustment ? Is it like our current...
  11. lemarin

Golf R from Quebec city

Here's mine, like every Canadian R, 4 doors, manual, and fully loaded. Mods: So far, only the 19's wheel, running Michelin Pilot Supersport 235/35ZR19, tinted windows, Gentex autodimming mirror with home link, and OEM blind spot mirrors (aspheric). For winter: OEM 17" Anthracite Goal wheel...
  12. lemarin

Quantity of R imported to the Canada / US

Anyone knows what are the numbers of R imported to this side of the Atlantic ? The MK5 R32 has a number, but not on our 2012 R..... Also on my Shelby, I ordered a certificate from Ford, which mention that my 2011 Shelby Convertible is number xx made in 2011, from a total of xxx Shelby...
  13. lemarin

Tires for my new R

I'm looking to upgrade my new R for 235/35ZR19 summer tires. I drive about 15000 miles per year, so I'd like something to last more than one summer only. I love the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, but they are a way too pricey for a simple Golf R. On my S4 probably, but I'm not willing to spend 400$...
  14. lemarin

Horn not functionning ?

As the tittle said, my horn is not functioning on my 2010 Golf TDI. I recently, changed the front brakes, and also a while ago, installed front OEM HID with LED. Where could be the problem ? I checked the fuse (15A) and it's ok and good. Is there a relay that can be broken ? If yes, where is it...
  15. lemarin

Moisture in headlamp

I do have some moisture inside my both headlamp when it's raining and I drive the car. I don't believe that water is coming in, in fact I believe there's not enough breathing in the headlamp, so air is not enough coming in, or out through the vent tubes. Anyone has this problem ?