GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mhuss

1. M

Recommended shops in NNJ?

Brica’s Garage 10/10! Florin is the shop owner and the mechanic. He knows everything about the MK6 and has multiple himself. It’s his staple car and he can get everything you need done for a great price
  2. M

Intermittent higher speed (low to medium frequency) vibration/shimmy/harmonic

So I found the issue for my car. Right as I installed Rear Sway End Links it completely stopped. Guessing your suspension may be a little damaged or worn
  3. M

WTB: Eurojet Exhaust & Coilpacks

Looking to buy a used Eurojet Exhaust for my 2.5L Preferably looking for the one meant for the 2.5L, but the GTI one works as well. I’m also interested in any R8 Coilpacks Located @ 07033 but can pick up in Tri-State Area
  4. M

Some Free Goodies - Local Pickup Only - Morris County NJ area

Grill still available? Can pick up
  5. M

Intermittent higher speed (low to medium frequency) vibration/shimmy/harmonic

Funny how we’re all having this problem at the same time. I have a stock suspension and I’m under the impression that: 1. The “break-in” period for my tires was completely forgotten about (I panicked for no reason) 2. My suspension needs an upgrade. Probably coilers to hit the shocks and...
  6. M

Exhaust shop rec?

Everyone I know goes to J&J in Woodbridge. Great place and you can see reviews & examples on Instagram. Haven’t done anything to the exhaust myself but my friends seem to like them a lot.
  7. M

When is the worry point

Just wanted I wanted to hear, thanks !
  8. M

When is the worry point

If I’m gonna spend more money on mods than the car then I want at least 5 years 😬 I did 22k miles last year
  9. M

When is the worry point

2011 CW 2.5 owner here In love with my car and just ordered a set of Aodhan Wheels and some nice tires. Have also done some interior stuff like the stereo system and general maintenance up until this point. I’m about to hit the 150,000 mile mark and I’m beginning to worry that the cost/fun...
  10. M

Very New To Cars, Need some Veteran Advice

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. After posting a realized that doing the LS Swap would just kill my MPG and defeat the whole purpose of the daily driver. I plan on keeping the exhaust quiet and doing the suspension, I wouldn’t wanna keep that stock. Will premium gas increase the...
  11. M

Thanks for the opinion! I’ve put 7000 miles on it and no points yet. I’m a workaholic so it would be feasible to get the GTI, just not sure if all the upgrades would be able to fit with in the budget plus the GTI. You also raise a good point with insurance, I’ll likely wait until I’m 18 to make...
  12. M

Hello all, just getting into cars (17), and got a 2.5 Auto (🤮) Base Gold MK6. I have a lot of stuff envisioned for the car but I’ve heard a lot of people say I would be better off switching to a GTI. I wanna make this car a daily driver but still be able to have a lot of fun with it. My Golf...