GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mimog3

1. M

Is it possible to Code Sunroof to open 100% without having to hold knob?

Hi all, not sure how to describe this. But by default the sunroof knob will reach a certain limit in which the roof opens to about 75-80 percent and then you have to turn the knob past its limit to get the roof to go in 100 percent. I like the roof to open all the way but hate having to twist...
  2. M

Broke valve stem on stock Denver wheel.

Hi all. Hooked up a jump box that had an air compressor in it and I left it to pump air. It finished and I got a phone call and backed the car up forgetting it was still connected. Well it broke the threaded portion of the metal valve stem off but still kept the needle of the shrader valve...
  3. M

Low Oil Pressure when car is warm, Is this the cause?

Good Morning all, I have a 2010 GTI with 170k on it and the past couple of days the oil pressure warning came up. Only comes up when the car is warm and low rpms. Experience this mainly in stop and go traffic. When I'm driving I don't get the warning. I've read that if the oil pressure switch...
  4. M

Temperature Control on 2010 is only blowing heat on max setting

Hi all, I have a 2010 GTI 2 Door Base with 169k on it. Its got the circular dials to control the temp ,fan, and vents. To get heat i have to have the temp knob all the way to max which blows very hot, but if i spin the knob just one notch it acts like i put the temp setting allow the way to max...
  5. M

Anyone Swap a MK5 Armrest Console in an MK6

Hi all. After doing some research it appears that maybe the MK5 armrest console portion will fit in an MK6 GTI. As we all know storage in this car is quite limited. I don't use the MDI and the MK5 version actually has some storage capacity. I just want to know if its a plug and play swap.
  6. M

Is cbfa turbo the same as the ccta turbo

Hi all. Will a cbfa turbo be a plug and play bolt on to a ccta engine. I found a guy who wants to sell a turbo from a cbfa with low Milage. I think my turbo is crapping out and want to replace it. I have 150k on the stock one and this guy is selling one with 36k on it from a cbfa motor. Will...
  7. M

2010 GTI with 150k leaking oil out of lower intercooler piping on driver side

Hi all I have a 2010 GTI with 150k leaking oil out of lower intercooler piping on driver side close to the transmission. This is a 6 speed manual. The clamp is tight but somehow I always find a puddle of oil after sitting for sometime right under this hose to intercooler. When looking at the...
  8. M

Is a 1K0 937 087 G a Highline CECM?

Hi all, I have a 2010 GTI Base with this CECM and I had someone with a VCDS Scan my car and I saw that I had the ability to check LED DRL’s to enable. I have a halogen setup and was wondering if I replaced the headlights with OEM Xenons if at this point would I need to replace the CECM. I...
  9. M

I think i Fudged Up, Misfire, Low Fuel Pressure

Hey all, so i decided to do a burn out and then bam engine ran like crap. It started misfiring on cylinder 4 and came up with P0304 P0087 P2307 P0354. i swapped the coils with no success. removed the plugs from 2,3, and 4. When looking at inside cylinder 4 i saw gas spraying in the cylinder...
  10. M

Lost Hex Screw For the Diverter Valve

Hey all, I feel like a dummy, I went to check the Diverter valve to see if it had a tear in it because I was receiving a P0299. Sure enough my Rev G Diverter valve had a tear in it and caused the piston to come out. Well I put everything back together and I dropped one of the Hex Screw/bolt and...
  11. M

Shuddering after recent clutch and rear main seal replacement

Hi all, i have a 2010 GTI 6 Speed that i recently needed to do a rear main seal. while i was in there i decided id replace the clutch,throw out bearing/slave cylinder as well as the pressure plate. after all was said and done i took it for a spin. Shifting into first gear felt different. like i...
  12. M

Stretched Timing Chain?

Hi all, i have a stock 2010 GTI 6 Speed that has 141k on it. I originally purchased the car with jumped timing and replaced just the tensioner before any valves got bent. I didnt think i needed to change the timing chain so i never did, but wondering what the symptoms might be for one. Im...
  13. M

Would this be causing my P2279 and p2187

Hey ther ladies and gents. I have a 2010 GTI that I purchased with a jumped timing chain. When that thing was running it was running like crap. It had multiple codes such as p0299,p2015,p0016,p0456,p2279, and some misfire codes. Well fast forward a couple of months later I finally replaced the...
  14. M

Where does this vacuum hose go?

Hi everyone, I have a code for an intake leak and I think I may have found the reason. Just want to know where this goes? Looks like the previous owner/shop that did the work blocked off this hose with a screw for some reason. Should this actually be connected to something. This is right next...