GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MK6_604

1. MK6_604

P0420 after K04

I installed my HPA K04 a couple of days ago (June 11th) and I am patiently waiting to get it tuned tomorrow morning (June 14th). And note I've been driving the car like a granny on the stock map since I did the install. I was driving home from work today and my check engine light paid me a...
  2. MK6_604

K04 Discussion

Which file do you run from APR? 91 octane? What kind of peak boost numbers do you see with it? Also people underestimate summer in BC. Last summer we saw high Temps of 46 degrees C (115 F) so I consider the intercooler a must.
  3. MK6_604

K04 Discussion

Yeah thats why I settled on the unitronic one. Other ones have slightly thicker cores but I don't think I could justify the extra cost unless I was going out to the track all summer.
  4. MK6_604

K04 Discussion

Which K04 did you go with? I feel like there's not much difference between all of the kits out there apart from who's name is stamped on it. HPA was pretty honest about their supplier and where their kit comes from thats why I feel like they're a good bet.
  5. MK6_604

K04 Discussion

I've been considering upgrading to a K04 setup for a while now. My relevant engine/drivetrain mods are currently an apr catted downpipe, intake and an upgraded clutch/ flywheel. After lots of researchI decided on the following: - HPA K04 (they are local to me so I can pick the turbo up myself...
  6. MK6_604

Issues with mirror heating

I've got an issue with my driver's side mirror heater not working. I periodically have the fault code 00943 'Heated exterior mirror driver side (Z4): electrical fault in circuit'. I removed the glass from the mirror cap/housing to inspect the connections and one connection appears to be...
  7. MK6_604

Timing Chain Tensioner Failure

Status update: car is re-timed with a fresh chain and tensioners (balance shafts included) lucked out with no bent valves. Ended up replacing the bearing bridge, and spool valve while I was at it. Feels like a totally different car now.
  8. MK6_604

I got all the timing stuff from our VW store. What about APR or IE valve springs?
  9. MK6_604

I assumed the worst right off the bat. I will keep this thread updated on what happens. If the valves are bent, can you recommend any particular aftermarket components? Or just stick to oem?
  10. MK6_604

My understanding is that there is some forgiveness with how much it jumps time before it bends the valves. I've heard of guys jumping only a few teeth and only having to re time the engine and calling it a day
  11. MK6_604

It most certainly jumped time already because of the cam/crank correlation faults. The plan is not to run the car as soon as the new timing components are installed. The plan is to install the components and then conduct a leak down test for each cylinder.
  12. MK6_604

I'll start this off by giving a brief description of my car and it's condition... Disclaimer: I am fully aware of the issue with the timing chain tensioner and it's indiscriminate, sporadic failure on any EA888 gen 1 motor. I drive a 2011 GTI 6MT with 128,000 kms on it. I've got APR Software...
  13. MK6_604

Fuelling issue?

My bad, exponential wasn't the right word. But I think you know what I meant. Thank you for your help :)
  14. MK6_604

Fuelling issue?

Does running software cause exponentially faster wear on components like the hpfp?
  15. MK6_604

Fuelling issue?

What might be the cause of this if any? Just regular wear and tear?