GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by munkey

1. M

Am I Crazy? This is NOT a Stock Exhaust, Right?

Dealer told me the car is certified and everything is stock. But they sent me this picture yesterday. Am I crazy? That doesn't look like a stock unit.
  2. M

Reservations to Buying a Relatively Higher Mileage R?

There is one for sale around me, a 2013, that has 40k miles on it (in service date of September 2012, so 20k per year). It has the sunroof and nav, and I'm considering buying it. The problem is I feel they are asking too much money. I was very close to buying one with 17k miles on it for just...
  3. M

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Its a fantastic price point, and those seats! :eek:
  4. M

Help! Need Part Info Please

I wanted to put my stock air box back on but unfortunately I can't find the duct piece that attaches to the front of the car. Could someone help me find a part number and price? I'm hoping that the only way is not to purchase a whole new intake (if it is then I guess the carbonio stays for...
  5. M

Fix or Sell As Is? (now with pics)

Hey guys, So I might be selling my 2010 Gti to buy something cheaper. Question is, I have big scratches down the rear quarter panel and a small dent from hitting a concrete post in a parking space that was too small. Pictures now added below. I've been quoted around 1100 to fix it. my...
  6. M

Feeler: 4 Slightly Used Hankook Ventus V12 (7k miles on them)

Like it says, I have 4 used Ventus V12 Evos I am thinking of selling to put some all seasons back on. My plans for the car changed and I might be selling it soon. I can't in good conscience sell the car with summer tires to someone in the winter. So how much do you think this set is worth, if...
  7. M

WTB or Trade - 4 All Season 225/40/18 Tires

So I have some Hankook Ventus V12 Evos on my car, but winter came early :( I had some other plans for the car, but now I am going to be staying in the area and need some all seasons back on the car. I will trade or sell my Hankooks, but the most important thing now is to get some all seasons...
  8. M

CEL :( Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor...Help?

So I got a CEL today while driving home from work in nearly 100 degree heat. First my radio (RCD-510) had a weird message that said something like "Unit too hot will shut down now" or something like that. I thought that was really weird, and then I noticed I had a CEL too. I doubt they are...
  9. M

GTI wave?

haha i meant only to GTIs, and generally only if they look like they might be enthusiasts. If they don't even notice that another GTI is right next to them I just ignore them too lol.
  10. M

GTI wave?

same, especially if the car is modded.
  11. M

Rear Brakes Worn Out at 20k!!! Brake Pad Recommendations?

Hey Everyone, Just took my car to the 20k service and my rear brakes are almost totally worn out :( Any ideas how that is possible? I am going to buy the new pads myself and was looking for recommendations. Also, the fronts are fine but should I still change them now just to go to the same...
  12. M

Since the R is an FSI, will it be instantly moddable?

Besides the ECU obviously. But otherwise would all the mkv stuff fit? Intakes, downpipes, big turbos, engine internals, etc?
  13. M

Guess what I saw at the dealer this morning?

AFAIK, the ONLY Golf R in North America :) From what I could learn, this is the same car that was at the autoshows. Now that the shows are done the car will be driven locally for some time and tested, etc. Apparently, virtually no one gets to drive it :( I wanted a test drive so bad haha...
  14. M

Tinted Sidemarkers from Parts4Euro -Question!

I just got and installed my tinted sidemarkers today. Love them! They came with bulbs though so I took out my old ones and put the new ones in. One of them was tough to fit in and now I have a bulb out light. The question is, can I just use the old bulb I had? Is there anything special about...