GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nockiboo

1. N

Any Canadians had Timing Chain Tensioner Replaced?

Just wondering if any Canadians had their timing chain tensioner replaced out of pocket. I am considering doing this to avoid the major headache down the road. How much did you guys paid to get it done?
  2. N

WTB: US OE Headlight Switch for GTI

I'm looking for a replacement stock OE US Headlight switch. For those who upgraded to a Euro switch and have one around please let me know. Hopefully someone local or near Vancouver. Thanks
  3. N

Car getting spit on last night in DT Vancouver...

Parked in downtown Vancouver last night to find my clean car getting spat on. Sigh, first time never had anyone spat on my cars before. Has this happen to anyone in GVR? :cry: Oh well nothing a quick mist of quick detailer can't fix.
  4. N

Rear Door interior panel nicked, any ideas?

Nicked my rear door panel taking some stuff out, any ideas how to fix this? Probably need to get a quote to get this professionally fiedx. Just wondering if anyone had this issue before and what did you guys do? :cry:
  5. N

Anyone from Vancouver going to Waterwerks 2012?

Going to head down to Waterwerks in a couple weeks, however I am going to take a rental inside of my car. I have a party/festival to go to and don't want to get my car stuck in the grass there. Just wondering if any vancouverites like myself will be down there.:thumbup:
  6. N

MK6 GTI Coolant..

Does anyone know what coolant we need to use on a GTI? Is it G12 or G12 Plus. Looks pink to me but not sure which ones everyone is using.
  7. N

MK6 GTI HID bulb? What brand and model?

Has anyone taken out their HID bulbs (Stock Bixenon) and check what kind of bulb is used? Philips? Any info is appreciated :)
  8. N

EPC light turn into a nightmare = Dead ECU.

I been without my GTI for a few days now, I brought it in to my local dealership for a simple oil change and fixing a few TSB's (Wastegate Rattle/DSG update) only to find out my EPC light was a faulty ECU, after numerous testing by techs and VW support line. My car is bone stock. I guess I got...
  9. N

STP oil filter for GTI?

Anyone buy or have any insight of the STP MK6 GTI Oil filter? They seem to sell these at autozone.
  10. N

Any member from Hong Kong, where to buy VW parts?

I am sure the forum must have a few members from Hong Kong, you guys/girls know any places to pickup parts? Thanks in advance..
  11. N

OEM Oil drain plug? Reuse or replace?

Do we need to replace the OEM oil drain plug everytime we do a oil change? Or we can reuse it?:iono:
  12. N

Quick and easy to clean GTI honeycomb grill..

Just wondering how you guys clean that grill... I tried using a Swissvax brush but bristles are too stiff.. Wondering what methods other GTI owners use.. Thanks!
  13. N

Anyone got that GTI rattle fix TSB in GVR yet?

Just wondering if anyone got the fix for the rattle waste gate issue. Apparently our American friends are getting the tsb for this. Anybody in Vancouver get this done? Brought it to Goldkey Langley and they told me it was the gas I was using...sigh..
  14. N

GVR drivers..Becareful on Marine Way I just got a ticket for going 60km/h..FML

There is a bunch of construction and roads are closed..Went 60 on a 50 zone construction and got a double fine ticket..sigh..:mad0259:
  15. N

FS: VW TPMS Sensors

I have a set of 4 VW OEM TMPS Sensors from a 2008 GTI. These were taking from a USDM 2008 GTI Denver rims. Sensors are in great condition, however in Canada we don't use TPMS. As is. 100 obo plus shipping. Will ship from Canada.