GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by NWOB74

1. N

No More GTI??! I hope my dealer is wrong!!

Had my 2010 GTI in for it's annual New York State inspection....the technician tells me he has heard the upcoming Mk VII might be the last generation of GTI in the US!!?? As you can imagine, I was not happy to hear this and still do not believe VW would do that to a true icon. The tech had...
  2. N

Service Bay Access at your dealership

Just wondering.... Who of you goes out into the dealership service bays while your VW is being serviced? (Bold enough to go past the signs claiming that "due to insurance reasons, customers can not go beyond this point.") Personally, I have never been denied access to a service bay in my life...
  3. N

How old is everyone

I "WIN" I guess i win this time. This age survey has been done many times on this forum but this time I'm the oldest thus far. I will be 60 in three weeks! My Mk6 (RED, five door, Autobahn, DSG, etc.) is my 14th car and I love it! One of the most fun cars I've ever had for day-to-day...
  4. N

Check out this Flash Mob using Scirroco's and GTI's

Don't know if this is old news but in case you have not seen this yet...it's definitely worth watching! Went searching for this when Dasstig asked about it. His search could not find it so I gave it a try. http://rezmoto.com/index.php/first-ever-car-flash-mob Great way to carry on with the...
  5. N

Das Auto Magazine - Where is it?

Does anyone know what is going on with the Das Auto magazine? I've had my 2010 GTI since 4/10 and have received only one issue. That one was the fall/winter 2010 issue. Have they stopped providing this magazine? Even my dealer could not get an answer! They have not received it either. Happy...
  6. N

GTI Production Numbers?

Does anyone know where to find the number of GTI's produced and shipped to the USA or each model year? I suspect there is a chart somewhere with all the details, listing number of units by color, options, etc. I'm only interested in US numbers but would find the international numbers intersting...
  7. N

Clear Bra Cost?

How much for clear 3M clear bra?? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How much did you pay to have the clear 3M bra applied to your GTI? (Materials + Labor?) Any disadvantages to this that you'd like to share?
  8. N

Car Bra for new GTI?

Now that i have my brand new 2010 GTI...I need to decide about how to protect the front end (hood, etc.) from stone chips. I have used traditional bras with very good luck in the past. They lasted many years if you care for them and remove them regularly. Usually the ones that come from the...
  9. N

Looking for western New York GTI clubs, etc.

Does anyone know of any clubs, gatherings or events for GTI's in western New York state? Anything in the rochester area at all? Any info would be a big help.
  10. N

NEW today....2010 GTI.....my first German engineered car.

Hi folks! Just picked up my new 2010 GTI. I LOVE it! Excellent car! After more pre-purchase research than I have ever done, I feel I've made the right decision. Even the timing was perfect, blessed with four days of sunny and 70 degree weather for my first days of VW ownership. The car is a...