GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nyte3k

1. N

Golf TDI performance

So...after considering a GTI for a while (and for a while considering the 328i coupe), I think I've decided to get a Golf TDI, with xenon and roof. Question is... I know the performance is lower on this car compared to the GTI, but has anyone added performance parts to their diesel Golf or know...
  2. N

Are you leasing or financing?

Saw a similar poll about length of financing, so i wanted to know how many people leased vs financed and why.
  3. N

GTI vs 2011 Volvo C30(R-Design)

I've always looked at the C30, but now I know they made their packaging a bit better and cleaned up the design a bit. Just wondering what you guys think of it. This same argument is in VWVortex. Basically the Volvo is a little more $$$, but you do get a little more..(at least for US consumers)...
  4. N

What was your last car?

TDI's are a hard find around here. I think i've only seen 1 or 2 out of the local dealers here. (and there are about 6 VW dealerships in the metro area)
  5. N

What was your last car?

wranglers are very nice cars actually... i really like the Unlimited. I just don't go off road and i prefer cars 9 times out of 10 :)
  6. N

Dynaudio difference...

I was like to get opinions on the Dynaudio upgrade in the GTI. I went to the dealer, tried the audio system w/o Dynaudio, then tried the one with Dynaudio, and could not really tell a huge difference. I played music through my iPhone and, i dunno, at the time i just could not tell a huge...
  7. N

What was your last car?

What car did you have before you got the MK6? I've even noticed a lot of people from many forums who are getting/have the new GTI/Golf came from what is to believe higher-lined cars such as the 5-Series, M3, Audi A6, 350z etc. Just wondering what made you get a GTI, what did you drive before...
  8. N

2Dr vs 4Dr GTI, what do you prefer?

Just wondering what most people prefer in here.... 4dr or 2dr, and why? I think I lean toward the 4dr, I think the slight longer look appeals to me.
  9. N

Atlanta MK6 owners

Just wondering if anyone in the Atlanta area picked up their MK6 yet? If so, which dealer and how was your experience?
  10. N

Pretty nice Golf at SEMA

Maybe for the folks who are getting a non-GTI, this may inspire some ideas...
  11. N

Any MK6 GTI issues?

Just wondering, if any of the owners of the new GTI have had any problems? Also post your current mileage as well.
  12. N

LED TailLights

Wanna know if anyone here yet has installed the LED taillights on their new mk6? They look hot. I got a price quote on them, and i was told it is about $995 usd. They look pretty nice, but i'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $1k on taillights.
  13. N

TDI vs GTI (US)

Seems like the cached versions of what VW had on their site a couple weeks ago are gone. Anyone know the standard feature differences between the two besides obvious engine and exterior?