GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PenguinGTI

1. P

FS: stock radio out of a 2013 GTI

Hi, I also own a base mk6 GTI with the same radio system. I heard that most radio system has anti-theft system that require a pin after disconnected. I used to disconnect my battery but never came across pin when power on radio. so, just want to double check with you guy. any advice?
  2. P

2011 GTI with Check engine light needs help (P2015, U102F, U1030, P030x)

$465 carbon cleanup piggy back intake manifold $1150 standalone carbon cleanup. "Customer Declined at This Time" :LOL::LOL::LOL:
  3. P

hi guys, u know what. last week, i went to dmv. while i am waiting in the line, check engine light on. it was U102F. i cleared it and no CEL during the week. so today, I went to dmv. GTI made it through this time, got emission sticker good for 2 years. so happy. then, I went to supermarket...
  4. P

if it was $150, i will do it. but they ask for $460 even piggy back intake manifold job. standalone carbon cleanup, $1100.
  5. P

i know it will be cheaper to do carbon cleanup while taking off intake manifold. but i prefer to save the money to install oil catch can to fix carbon build up for good. in the mean time, i will use seafoam.
  6. P

Thank you everyone, I took GTI to https://www.threecountyvw.com/. confirm, they replaced intake manifold for free under warranty. very happy. Overall I think they are honest. they were trying to sell carbon clean up service. but I didn't go ahead :) . they said the radiator code is not a...
  7. P

Thanks BudgetPhoenix, I don't even know I have 10year/120k miles warranty on intake manifold. I will bring it back to VW then.
  8. P

Thank you JustGermanThings. I never thought they are co-related. it's all make sense to me now. how much you spent on this repair?
  9. P

Carbon Cleaning in NJ

Hi, I live in North Jersey too. did you find a honest shop? I have misfire codes P030x, P2015, U102F, U1030
  10. P

Hi everyone, I own my GTI since day 1. Still love it after 9 years. It has 52k miles mostly city. Recently I am not able to pass NJ state emission. I spent two months DIY and still not able to fix I have the following codes: P0300 - Random Cylinder Misfire Detected P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire...
  11. P

Feel engine vibration through brake pedal

Hi Everyone, I replaced GTI stock battery with a Odyssey PC680 lightweight battery. I m sure I didn't touch anything related to brake. After installation everything works except I feel engine vibration through the brake pedal. When I rev the engine high, I can feel strong engine vibration...
  12. P

which lightweight battery you would recommend?

Thank you, I got it installed this morning. Mounted exactly the same way you did. Car start up but not as smooth as stock battery. Immediate feel the car a bit different because of the weight saved. Car and steering feel a bit lighter. I also feel more engine vibration through the brake pedal...
  13. P

I bought a odyssey pc680mjt 16AH weight 15lbs, made in USA. The terminal fits our car directly. AGM technology. It recycles gas inside, no gas valve. excited, can't be wait to install it on weekend. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. P

Hi Everyone, mk6 gti stock battery is a 60Ah 12V lead acid battery. I heard that it weight 40-50 lbs. I am thinking to upgrade to a lightweight racing battery, which has 16Ah only. I don't drive on weekday. will it be a problem for me as lead acid battery slowly discharge itself...
  15. P

Post your garage shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk