GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Pre95

1. P

What else do you wrench on?

Whenever I am on model specific forums, I always catch a glimpse of what other projects people have looming in the background. So.. what else do you wrench on? My wallet destroying 83 turbo quattro coupe (ur-quattro): 1,9bar + ecu mod, 3" 2b cat back, 996 321mm front brakes, 17x8 FF10's...
  2. P

Can you get core turbos tested?

Replaced the turbo on my '10 GTI not long ago, original had 71,000 on it and was "leaking oil" (though.. the more I read through the forums the more I feel the oil leak could have been something else..). Regardless, is there somewhere I can have this thing tested or inspected to see if it's a...
  3. P

Does anyone produce an aftermarket waterpump?

Wondering if anyone produces one that doesn't regularly fail or if there is a custom solution.
  4. P

Does the APR mobile app work without the dongle?

Is there a cable you can get to use or do you need the $200 one-car wireless dongle? I'm in the SF bay area, bought my '10 GTI with a stage 2 tune with the APR high flow downpipe also installed. The tune disables 2 of the o2 sensors and is not CA smog legal (downpipe has a highflow cat, or at...
  5. P

CSG touch up paint - Suggestions?

Have a few small nicks and scratches I'd like to take care of, I live near the coast and ocean breezes tend to make the smallest surface scratch look like a serious rust problem with the quickness. The car is Crystal Steel Gray metallic, looking for the best match. TIA!
  6. P

Used car purchase: Preventative maint. list?

Picked up a '10 GTI DSG with 70k on the clock, read through the various VW forums and have a list of items I will be addressing up front to try to keep things as headache free as I can. Car was serviced per factory spec up to this point. Anything else I should add to the preventative list...