GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by pressure drop

1. P

Poll: Pocket Rocket War (300+ HP Club)

everythiing I've read so far tells me the Type-R will come standard with the best track-ready components of any of these cars. Even while it is the only FWD entry in this battle, it is not only going to hang, but excel. It demolished the most expensive car on this list on the Nurburgring by 20...
  2. P

A few pics of the new S3

Its more cramped inside than a Civic. All it does is make me wonder how much better a proper 5 door A/S3 would be. looks nice though. I wonder how Audi expects to sell TT-S's at 50 grand with the S3 coming in so much cheaper.
  3. P

Tesla to release $35k car in 2017, "Tesla Model III"

Everyone I know whos not a car person wants to buy this when it comes out. If youre smart, save up 35k and buy TSLA stocks instead.. this things gonna soar. Musk is also laying down extensive charging station infrastrucutre all across America and it is the first truly tech-focused mass market...
  4. P

Convincing My mother to get a passat

My dealer gives me a Passat loaner whenever I take my GTI in for servicing, and it is seriously the worst midsize sedan of recent years. I would rather drive a new Camry or Sonata than this awful, floaty, boat of a car. Its noticably worse than the Jetta too. It embarasses the VW name. I would...
  5. P

Ferrari 360 GT = pure eargasm

SEMGLw-TF00 nice try, ferrari- but a long ways off from the king
  6. P

questions about passing inspection

Hey, I have to get ready for NJ inspection and I am stage 2 with Eurojet turboback [with catted dp]. Is getting the testpipe file and adding the o2 sensor really enough to pass? I'm reading so many accounts of people still failing. Also, can I just go to my [apr] shop and ask them to put in...
  7. P

Buying Second Car

I would prefer the new gencoupe [either the 4 or 6cyl] over the cars on this list. OP: why didnt you test drive the STI? That would be my pick.
  8. P

2013 Audi R8 Revealed

Porsche Turbo is twice the car for the same price. Only reason anyone would choose the R8 is for the looks, which admittedly are good - the most understated and elegant of any "supercar". But when youre spending this much, you want some excitement too. The GTR matches up very favorably...
  9. P

Next Gen Ford Focus RS = 330hp

In theory, yes. But in the real world, it outhandles and outperforms a lot of awd performance cars in this segment. So the results speak for themselves and people complaining about the FWD issue who have never driven this car are speaking from outdated notions and ignorance.
  10. P

A Buick?!?!

With a tune and some track mods this thing will be the ultimate sleeper. I'd love to embarass people in a Buick.
  11. P

Thinking of replacing the GTI

Just keep waiting. I'm holding out for the mythical Golf RS - that to me is the perfect car. But a mk 7 R would be great too. VAG's got some great machines in the works so I will stick with them.
  12. P

2013 Ford Focus ST Overboost Button Temporarily Adds 7.4 Percent More Torque

What gains will this car see with ECU tune and downpipe/intake? I dont look forward to getting spanked by Focuses.
  13. P

RIP Carroll Shelby

So we can expect even bigger markups by Ford dealerships for the new Shelby?
  14. P

New Car Purchase

He sounds exactly like the kind of boring fart who would enjoy a Jaguar. You should suggest the Phaeton to him [its coming back] and watch him scowl in disgust.
  15. P

Subaru BRZ Coupe Review by C&D (brother to the Scion FR-S)

LOL this is insane. Every single review I've seen has jaded auto journalists completely on its nuts like its the second coming of Jesus. And in every objective head to head comparison with other cars, it is completely outclassed. But it wins the comparison anyway because of "driving dynamics"...