GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RaySkodaTSI

1. R

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

Finally some hard figures and facts.. IE intake seems to be suffering from open filter in hot engine bay syndrome. Needs a closed airbox to fully utilize the big filter and bellmouth! As is, the APR is able to flow more and record more g/s in the MAF sensor. Also the IE pulls were in 10 degree...
  2. R

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

Here is the resulting MAF Logs on a 1.8TSI EA888 mk2 with APR K04 running a 3Bar Map Sensor. Will do a Reset of the ECU and then come back with more logs.
  3. R

Coolant Overheat with K04

As you all know I'm running an APR K04 turbo kit on my Skoda 1.8TSI (99% same as the 2.0T in the GTI's). I'm running the APR 3Bar map for my car with the GolfR Map sensor. IATs are all good with the help of an Integrated Engineering Intercooler. Running NGK BKR8EIX plugs gapped to .026 as...
  4. R

APR K04 Overboost between 2700 and 3500rpm...

Car - 1.8TSI Kit- APR K04, Milltek Catless DP & TBE, DV+, Unitronics DV Relocation Kit, APR Carbonio Stage 1, IE FDS Intercooler, Spullen TOP and TB Pipe, 3Bar Sensor and APR 3Bar Map. Could this be because of a bad N75? No codes other than the random misfires once in a blue moon. I've checked...
  5. R

Oil Cooler Kit for the TSI engines

Hi Guys, Searched a lot but couldn't find a proper answer so here: I've a K04 on my TSI motor and I regularly track the car (once a month atleast). The oil temps as usual are playing foul thanks to the terrible heat. I get max about 4 laps before it heats up and never comes down to a point...
  6. R

APR k04 withGFB DV+ --> boost flutter?

See graph attached. Overboost due to intake leading to DV Point flutter leading to added turbo lag due to rebuilding of boost.
  7. R

How do u remove this hose from the brake booster vacuum line

Hi Guys, Need a quick guide on how to remove the brake booster line from the vacuum pump. There is a check valve that I need to remove but cant seem to figure out how. This is the check valve that needs to come off from the fitting. I'm replacing the line with the OE replacement...
  8. R

Whats wrong with these graphs? (K04)

Engine- 1.8TSI Mk2 Mods - APR K04, DeCat Milltek Turbo back, Neuspeed TOP, Spullen TB pipe, Carbonio Stage 1 Intake, NGK BKR8EIX plugs gapped to 0.024, Stock Intercooler. Tune - APR K04 3Bar sensor beta map 4th Gear Pull 3rd Gear Pull 3rd Gear Pull
  9. R

Well not exactly an MK6, more like a MK5.5 platform Octavia 1.8TSI+K04 vs C6-A6 3.0T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3AT7w3H2wU Pretty shocked at the results. Only time he kept up was when I mis-shifted from 2nd to 5th.
  10. R

Intercooler Recommendations for 1.8TSI Gen2 + K04

Hi all, Running the following setup now - Engine - 1.8TSI EA888 Mk2 APR K04 + 3Bar Map Sensor (beta map from APR) Neuspeed K04 TOP and Spullen Throttle Pipe Carbonio Stage 1 Intake GFB DV+ and Stock DV Milltek De-cat non resonated Turbo back exhaust Suspension - Bilstien B14 Brakes -...
  11. R

K04 Boost Graph

Hi, I've a APR K04 (1.8TSI version) and I'm a little concerned by the consistent gap between Actual and Specified Boost, where Actual > Specified under load. Is this normal behavior on all K04 tunes? See Graph Attached.
  12. R

GTI Data Logging Compendium

Hi All, I've a Skoda Octavia Mk2 1.8TSI 6MT (EA888mk2). Ran Stage 2(JBS Map, Milltek RacePipe and Non resonated catback, Spullen Boost Pipes & GFB DV+) for 15k kms without issues. About 2 Weeks ago installed a APR K04 Turbo & APR 93Map, and I'm getting persistent overboost CEL (P0235) and...