GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by spizzak

1. S

Electrical Issues

I've encountered a slew of strange issues with my 2012 GTI lately. Here's a quick summary: Keyless entry started acting up (wouldn't work, wouldn't work on one side, gas filler cap would start unlocking itself over and over again when I got close to the car, etc.) Battery started dying. I'd...
  2. S

Front End Clunking Over Bumps/Potholes

Hi all, I've owned my MK6 GTI for about a month now, and the whole time I've had a pretty loud clunking coming from my front end. It sounds like heavy metal-on-metal impact and comes from the front end (maybe near the wheels but it's really hard to tell where exactly). This whole time I've...
  3. S

VW AG Spark Plug

Hi all, I'm having some misfire issue on cylinder 3 so I decided to pull my plugs and check them out as a staring point. The plugs I have are labelled NGK VW AG. Any idea what plugs these are? I also have a set of unused NGK BKR7E (not BKR7EIX) plugs lying around. Would these be an okay...
  4. S

Ignition Coil Compatibility

Hi guys, I'm having issues with one of my coils and I have a set of 06A-905-115D coils that I bought for another project that have barely been used. Any idea if these would work in a 2012 GTI?
  5. S

Shaking Engine and Misfires

I just bought a 2012 GTI with 60k miles on it. The car had a very slight shake on cold start when I test drove it but it went away within 10 seconds and there were no codes, and the codes hadn't been cleared in 20k + miles according to the OBD scanner we used to check them. However, after...