GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TAZZ1

1. TAZZ1

Vid - MK6R LO400 turbo Vs MK6R EFR turbo

First post since quite a while, enjoy :) Golf MK6R - DSG ~ 410bhp Mods: Loba LO400 Turbo upgrade; Built Engine; Bolt-ons (CAI - FMIC - De-cat TBE - DV - HPFP - RS4 HPRV - Pulley - TOP - TBP); Drivermotorsport custom software - 98RON pump gas and DSG flash. Vs. Golf MK6R - DSG ~ 460bhp Mods...
  2. TAZZ1

MK6R vs MK7R

Posted this on MK7 forums, then thought it might be useful in here. Well I got a chance to drive the new MK7R for a few miles of spirited runs, courtesy of our local tuner. Sorry this is not a race post, it's a pure comparison between the MK7 R and its predecessor which I have owned and loved...
  3. TAZZ1

My home street is silent

My home street is silent…. the morning rumble in my garage is gone; there will be no more snugging in the alcantara bolstered seats, no more gripping on that chunky steering wheel in anticipation of the thrills ahead, no more amazement at the sweeping blue needles which precede the...
  4. TAZZ1

Golf R Intercoolers

Couldn't find this on here so after some research here are the core volumes of aftermarket intercoolers (measurements are of height x length x thickness in inches): Mid Mounted: OEM R: 16.25 x 24.25 x 1.57 = 618.67 cubic inch CTS: 16.5 x 23 x 2 = 759 cubic inch Unitronic: 16.5 x 23.5 x 2 =...
  5. TAZZ1

The MK6 Dyno Chart thread

This has already been started but only in the GTI tune section, I thought it might be cool to have a compilation of all dyno plots for all MK6 (both GTI and R) to have a general idea on what power figures we are able to achieve with our little beloved car. Make sure to post pics/ vids of your...
  6. TAZZ1

Is VW really going to get away with it?...or has it already

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but I think that the cam follower issue has seen some resurgence now that a significant number of 2+ tuned Rs are out on the roads. I do not wish to argue about the TSI vs FSI subject or which HPFP causes more wear, and not even on the topic of how often a cam...
  7. TAZZ1

Golf R Detailed Tuning Guide and Build Thread

After postponing for more than two years I finally come up with my build thread, better late than never I guess… apologies for some crappy pics, but I had to dig way back to find them. This thread aims to provide guidance and info as objectively as possible for anyone interested in tuning his...
  8. TAZZ1

Scorpion TBE, need encouragement!

Well looks like the mod bug bit me hard... had saved up for some other (house-related) purchase but I just snapped and ordered the Golf R Scorpion TBE instead :p:bellyroll: I ordered it Decat but Resonated. Now that I am "back to my senses" lol believe it or not I am hesitating on installing it...
  9. TAZZ1

Howling/Whining noise when decelerating, please help!

Hello, So my car has only about 18K miles on it. Last week I started noticing the idle was a bit "offset"/deeper, nothing dramatic but definitely different than usual to the accustomed ear. While on partial throttle on low rpms around 1,900 to 2,300 the exaust sounds a bit rougher than usual...
  10. TAZZ1

Alcon BBK installed on Golf R‏

Well I finally got the chance to have my new Alcon BBK installed on my baby car! Kit is an Alcon Advantage Extreme 365mmx32 four piston system. I would like to thank TEFF for his advice and info as well as Daniel from JDL-brakes who has been very helpful and professional. The kit is a direct...
  11. TAZZ1

Sprintbooster installed on Golf R

Disclaimer: I don't want to start yet another debate on the sprintbooster; as always i try as much as possible to give a fair objective review based on my own experience not speculation. Most have wrongfully regarded the sb from the perspective of a "power" upgrade, which has generated lots of...
  12. TAZZ1

Golf R

+1 I always said the pictures do no justice to this car
  13. TAZZ1

Golf R

+1 I always said the pics do no justice to this car
  14. TAZZ1

Engine Misfire & Knock after gas fill up, please help

Two days ago I had a rather long journey; I usually fill up at the same station, but I underestimated the distance I would be driving so I was "forced" half way to fill up in some remote village. I supposedly filled up with 98 octane but with the lack of regulation in my country, you're never...
  15. TAZZ1

Golf R Stage 2

Recently I’ve done some “recalibrations” to my setup the results of which are explained below in detail. I used to run a Stage 1 tune with a Forge Twintake CAI. The read is long, but might be useful for people especially concerned about everyday drivability of the car and seeking power...