GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by The Canuck

1. T

Oil Baffle plate???

it was definitely the plate thats at the oil filler hole. It somehow broke loose. Dealership is not taking any blame as they said the last oil change was 6 months ago and it's been "fine" since. Thankfully the dealership stated that upon inspection and removal of the two pieces, everything...
  2. T

Oil Baffle plate???

So the other day I was driving home and noticed the check engine light came on. Got the car home and pulled some codes. Misfires on all the cylinders, and supposedly running lean. Start digging around with the PCV valve. Disconnected the hose where it connects to the manifold and blew into...
  3. T

VWPartsDept - Might be my new OEM source

Last Friday while driving on the highway, a strap from a truck flew off and hit my car. At the time I heard a thunk, but didn't know the headlight washer cap had been busted off along with there being some minor scratches. After looking around online, and making a couple calls to some local...
  4. T

Boost leak, diverter valve, something else....?

I have experienced over the last few months, what in my mind would be like a clutch slipping. It doesn't happen often, maybe once every three weeks, and it is just a slight hesitation that I can see in the rpm's. Problem is, I have a DSG transmission, so I don't think that would be slipping...
  5. T

VWR/Racing-Line Tuning

VWR/Racing-Line now or will be tuning our cars soon it appears. Not sure if they are more popular over in Europe, as I don't hear a lot about their products here. It will be interesting to see the numbers they put down. I think it is also interesting that once you buy into their tune...
  6. T

Carefree Maintenance

I bought a brand new 2013, that had been sitting on the lot for awhile, back in April of 2014. When we were going over everything, the dealership started to say I had a 2 year/24,000 mile carefree maintenance program included in the car. But then took that back and stated because it was a...
  7. T

FS: Tail light w/ Fog

SOLD!!
  8. T

FS: Euro Switch

SOLD
  9. T

Jeremy Clarkson to be officially sacked by BBC tomorrow

I am just glad that they are supposedly doing 12 episodes a year for the next 3 years. Sucked that they would only do 5 or 6 at a time before. Wonder if they will go a little more old school, you know when they really used to spend some time focusing in on a car and what was good or bad about...
  10. T

Golf R400 Likely Coming to US

Fair point.... so maybe its more in the $45,000 range, considering the Golf R is $35,000 +/-. Has anyone actually read or confirmed it will come state-side?
  11. T

Golf R400 Likely Coming to US

If they are saying sub-40,000 in UK monies, thats coming up around $60,000 USD. Maybe they drop it down to $55,000. Seems like a lot of money to be forking out for a "Golf." I mean thats getting into Corvette and Porsche Cayman monies.
  12. T

WTB: Rear View Camera

As the title states, putting the feelers out there for a rear view camera. The VW logo that pops out so that it looks as stock as possible. Due to a recent local story about a father (who worked at local VW dealership) accidentally running over his son... it got me a little worried and wanting...
  13. T

VW Data logger..... Maybe coming our way

Sort of have my fingers crossed this comes our way. Granted, I haven't done a ton of research, I am sure there are other systems that do the same thing for less. But still cool nonetheless. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/29/vw-logbox-and-race-app-performance-data-logger-for-r-models-w-v/
  14. T

Upgrade Navigation - On Sale

Disclaimer - I am no way associated with the company that sells the navigation... just trying to spread the good word. I happened to be searching as to the cost of upgrading my navigation system, as I have V.3. Went and checked out what the costs would be to upgrade. Well as it turns out...
  15. T

Another new member...... Hi!

Thought I would introduce myself and say hi. Purchased a new 2013 GTI Drivers Edition about 3 weeks ago. Been a long time fan, just never "drank the Kool-Aid," and didn't really want a car payment. But with Saturn/GM having a few recalls and our family having a newborn, the risk of an issue...