GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by toddnick

1. T

'Value' for the Enthusiast: Buying New & Holding vs. Buying Cheap & Used vs. Leasing

If your are interested in a car like the GTI, new..... The best value by far is to buy the car (after negotiating to a good price)....I've leased before but only when I didn't have the cash to buy....there is a reason why people in that situation lease but there is also a reason why this option...
  2. T

Fat Bastards - Weight Watchers Thread

I've never been overweight....lived my life at 5'6" at about 135 lbs.....but I got hit by late Type 1 diabetes which is in my family.... It was a wake up call (though I hadn't previously been overweight, the realization is the same)....now I test my blood 5 times a day and inject myself 5 times...
  3. T

Top 5 Best and Worst Things about your Job

I'm a trainer and outplacement counselor....(and a reformed Engineer by Degree) Goods: 1. I love my job and enjoy going to work almost every day (after leaving a job 12 years ago where I made more money than I make even now in my new job 12 years later)... 2. I make a difference in people's...
  4. T

Women & Manual Transmissions

Fair enough, I should have said "many women refuse to learn"..which is what prompted my post....I didn't mean all women......
  5. T

Women & Manual Transmissions

I have had 6 new cars in my life...all of them with manual transmissions... 86 Prelude (I learned to drive a manual driving it home from dealership) 89 Prelude 93 Prelude 99 A4 07 Mazda3 12 GTI I just don't understand women and shifters..... I have read so many posts here where people say...
  6. T

Love the new Tiguan commercial

I hate these manipulative "this car is so safe" commercials... Be they for a VW or other cars... How is the Tiguan different than any other "big car or minivan" regarding safety?? Yet somehow, you should buy this car because it is safe, they don't talk about any other reason....and you get no...
  7. T

New OEM OEM LCD Tails In Transit - VAGCOM Needed - Buffalo, NY Vicinity

After spending for the tails, I am hoping somebody can help me out with the coding...hopefully within a few hundred miles... I'd be willing to trade a case of beer for the VAGCOM coding!!!! Thanks!!!!! :D
  8. T

Obama records at a glance

...and these companies couldn't produce these products without these workers... I agree....and they still can't....they are just choosing to look for workers elsewhere because those here think that they are entitled to more than they are worth in a global economy....
  9. T

It is not a company's job to give nice benefits, pay high wages or look our for the common good....it is to make money..... Those who don't feel fairly compensated can leave....if you think as a welder you are worth more than you are being paid..leave...and get what you are worth....there is...
  10. T

THE industrial revolution and China's own singular industrial revolution are NOT interchangeable. You can't be serious in that comparison. We are talking about the emergence of the entire world into the industrial era and modern times vs one country of farmers finally catching up to the rest of...
  11. T

We were entering into the industrial revolution and stepped out from an agrarian economy and right into the industrial age. Hardly the same as China still being agrarian all the way through most of the industrial age and into the technology age...late to the party would be an understatement and...
  12. T

Failure to compete is due to poor planning and lack of innovation by corporate or governmental leadership, not due to unionized workers. Those unionized workers wouldn't have jobs without the innovation by corporations....if those union workers don't like their situation, they can always start...
  13. T

The Canadian system is in better shape mainly because of what Obama stands against....natural resources (mainly oil and natural gas)..... And for Hilfloskind....we are only one of the great countries now and sinking....we were THE great country when we were spending off the hook... I also...
  14. T

I note that you didn't dispute any of my arguments...although you disagreed with one (pensions)..... How can you hold up European economics as anything but a disaster....it is in the process of a melt down...mainly because of "legacy costs" including pensions....without Germany, they would be...
  15. T

When we built infrastructure under Roosevelt (and others) we were the great economic engine in the World....today it is China (who is what we were in the first half of the 20th century).....so your idea that spending our way out doesn't make sense....China can spend their way out of a World...