GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by whatisthatsound

1. whatisthatsound

Farewell the R community

I posted this on the Mk7 boards as well. I just wanted to say thanks. The lady friend and I first ventured into VW R's when she bought a '12 R in Florida. She owned a 2003 manual golf as her first car and adored it. I convinced her to drive the R and she was sold after pulling out of the...
  2. whatisthatsound

Camaro ZL1 1LE or Shelby GT350

I know the truth is automatic transmissions with shifter paddles in high horsepower cars are superior in every way, but I would be very bored. The old car club I used to run with had a GTR I got to drive and what a car indeed, but it isn't for me. The best car I drove was a manual 911 Turbo...
  3. whatisthatsound

I have a bias opinion of Mustang & Camaro owners because I never found the cars particularly exciting when I had my Viper. However, after driving the GT350 I decided I didn't care how it looked because I really enjoyed the car. The new Camaro may be faster and brake harder, handle better, but...
  4. whatisthatsound

I just passed on a '16 GT350 with the track pack like a fool. I test drove it on saturday went home, and called back monday (they were closed sunday) to buy it, and it was gone. I'm in the same boat with you as the R. I came from a Viper & the VW is great at everything I ask it to do, but I...
  5. whatisthatsound

Winter BOREDOM...

I snowboard a lot, 2-3 times a week. Nothing beats the snow.
  6. whatisthatsound

I see a lot of people...

A lot of these comments are pretty ignorant. When I lived in Pensacola we had 5 GTR's that would come out and drive with us. They never paid more in maintenance than I did in my Viper. I drove one they are neat cars, but when I am buying a track toy I want the least amount of things in the...
  7. whatisthatsound

What is your occupation?

We have probably talked! I started training in Pensacola, but I've flown a lot over to Tampa.
  8. whatisthatsound

What is your occupation?

I go fast in planes, but mostly just a professional student.
  9. whatisthatsound

What hobbies do you have

Flying- I fly for my job. I fly for fun. I fly anything and anywhere I can. Cars - For being younger than 25 i've had some weird cars, and I don't want that to stop. After I move to WA Thursday I'll be three hours south of Whistler to snowboard and then become proficient in kiting, mountain...
  10. whatisthatsound

** The Official Beer Thread **

Well it looks like I'm cracking into my chilled bottles of Cantillon this week. I don't want it to warm up during the move. I'll let you know how it goes.
  11. whatisthatsound

The Official Beer Thread

I don't think Pliny holds a stick to Heady Topper
  12. whatisthatsound

One car ONLY - past & present

Past - Porsche 959 Present - Koenigsegg One:1
  13. whatisthatsound

New Mk7, and Current Mk6 R Owner

Hello Everyone, I just picked up a '15 R to add to the garage. I'm moving and needed AWD so my RWD car needed to go. My fiancée has owned a '12 R since new and I fell in love with the car. I just wanted to introduce myself and throw some pics of our current garage. I joined the Mk7 forum as...