GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. koolgreen

Drivers door won't open from inside

Hi got to work and couldn't open my door. Opened window and opened the door from outside handle. Any ideas??? there is a button plug on the door jam with a lock logo on it. Not sure what that does. Will have to peruse the manual later........... Hopefully, something is just set wrong...
  2. koolgreen

Next GTI ?????

Another test mule??? nahhhhhhhh
  3. koolgreen

Tire Pressure for snows

I just put on my 205 55 16 blizzaks on the car. The door jam label shows 38 psi for the original detroit and perelli setup. The label shows also 38 psi for the 205 55 16 full size spare. The question is, do the snows on all four corners really need that much psi? Any opinions??
  4. koolgreen

Alt Speed display

I just noticed today that for canadian cars, you can run an alt speed display to show mph. Handy when in the states. Not sure if the reverse is true for US models.
  5. koolgreen

unswitched 12v power plug

I am interested in adding a 12 v plug in the cabin somewhere so that I can charge things when I am not in the car. The factory plug in the ashtray is switched off with the ignition. Is there a dc source easily accessible. VW should have put a second plug inside the armrest stowage box.
  6. koolgreen

Hill assist

Has anyone noticed that the brakes are applied momentarily when you are on an incline? Gives you a chance to engage the clutch while not needing to hold the car from rolling backward.......... Nice feature......
  7. koolgreen

Programming 3rd key

If I were to buy a third key, can I progam it myself? Does it need any special programmer? My audi just needed to do a sequence with the door cylinder and the ignition cylinder. I tried the same sequence with the GTI and it doesn't work.
  8. koolgreen

Cleaning Brake calipers

Any hints on cleaning the red calipers? I suspect after a couple of canadian winters, these calipers will start to deteriorate quickly. Not sure if touching up with red paint to keep bare metal protected. What is the best product to clean the brake dust etc. from the calipers? Do you think...
  9. koolgreen

any procedure to disable alarm pip?

Has anyone found a way to disable or at least lower the pip volume on the alarm system? I can hear it clearly around the right front bonnet hinge. Can't see it. Might be under the front window cowling. Does anyone know???
  10. koolgreen

Stuff I can't figure out on my 2011 GTI

Hi Had my car for two weeks now and I can't figure out a few things. 1) is it normal that the two front doors open with one pull but the rear doors have to pull twice? 2) when choosing the lock settings, what does the selection individual mean? I understand that drivers door and drivers side...
  11. koolgreen

Programming Key

Was just wondering if anyone has dug up the programming procedure for the GTI key. I have a procedure from my old A4 but not sure if this is the same. Also, can I add a third key in the rotation so that all three keys can lock and unlock the car remotely. I tried on my A4 and was never able...
  12. koolgreen

2011 Front Facia

I just noticed on my 2011 that the lower front facia is body colour now. Like some who have painted it after they got their car. Has anyone else noticed this??? My car is Carbon steel, and I picked it up in the evening, so I didn't even notice it until today when I brought it out into the...
  13. koolgreen

Are 18 rims too harsh a ride?

How harsh are the 18" rims? I am used to the 17" and the comfort factor. Are the 18's too rough a ride???
  14. koolgreen

Door panel rubbing against dash panel.

Has anyone noticed that their door panel is rubbing against the end panel of the front dash? I suspect everytime the door closes, it hits that end plate and causes a line to form on both panels. Not a good thing. Tight tolerences means less room for error in panel alignments etc.
  15. koolgreen

What year was that scirroco

In the new Karate Kid with jackie chan? I noticed it right away but the euro headlights threw me. I think it was circa 1979???
  16. koolgreen

GTI is CAR of the YEAR in Canada

In the star this morning, the GTI was announced as the AJAC car of the year...
  17. koolgreen

Door Sills

Hey folks I just noticed that the 2010 GTI no longer has an adhesive door sill applied. Can anyone confirm that the 2009 version had a black and brush alum looking door sill ???? Thanks ________ LovelyWendie99
  18. koolgreen

Odometer Reading???

Hi I am paranoid that they will drive my car more than I would like when it arrives. What was your odometer reading when you picked up your car???? ________ Handjob asian
  19. koolgreen

Cornering lamps

Have not seen this mentioned on here. But my brother in law was telling me his fog lamps are busted already. So I took a look and I had to tell him his fogs are cornering lamps that turn on when the steering is pointed a certain number of degrees off center. I thought that was rather amusing...
  20. koolgreen

A nit to pick

Just noticed the drivers door has the lock cylinder hidden. Thus the cover has to be pried off to use the valet key What's the use of giving the valet key to the parking attendant if he has to pry the cover off to unlock the door. I currently use the valet key when I am moving cars around in...