GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Help with TPMS is replica wheel

So by accident I bought a replica wheel to replace a really bad bent rim. The guy tried screwing in the TPMS but he didnt have a socket that would fit because the hole was so small on the replica. He mentioned something about getting a rubber valve instead. Does anyone know what he was talking...
  2. G

Emissions Failed with Exhaust

Hey guys I have stage II gti with Billyboat downpipe and Magnaflow catback. I went to emissions today(connecticut) and failed the OBDII test for catalytic test and oxygen test. Is this because of the exhaust? Can a part fix this or do I have to put old exhaust back on.
  3. G

Reset Bluetooth

Hey guys, I have a 2010 MKVI GTI with the Upgraded audio(i dont know if that matters). I replaced the radio but now everytime I start my car I get a request from the VW bluetooth module. Is there a way to reset the bluetooth so it forgets my device and stops trying to pair with it? I have a...
  4. G

Need help from the tinters!

So for those of you who have tint you can agree with me when i say its a pain in the ass to see out the back when reversing. Right now I have 20% tint and im trying to find a cheap way to fix this. Im between 2 options right now. First option is to just get nice bright LED reverse lights...
  5. G

Updating the RCD510

Hello, I havent been on much lately due to being busy but I have a 2010 GTI with the RCD510 and well i hate it. I had the thought today that they might have updated the firmware since then. So do you guys know if they have? If so what are the changes and also can it be done by myself or...
  6. G

Problem with engine? Or overreacting?

So my friend said he heard something different about my car today and I had me worried. I couldnt tell because I know theres always ticking in the engine. Heres a video of it. Please let me know what you think. A thought I had was maybe the intake. I got it at like 10-15k and havent replace it...
  7. G

Remote Start for 6Speed

What are some options for a cheaper Remote Start for 6Speed manual. I would plan on getting it installed professionally if its not too expensive. I always hear about the Viper which is cool to control with phone but i dont want to pay monthly lol. Please let me know ive never looked into...
  8. G

New All Season Recommendations

Along with having to get new brakes I was told at my 40K service i need new tires. I don't race this car I just drive it and sometimes put my foot down. Currently I have Pzero Nero's right now and well sure they aren't the greatest but are there ones better for cheaper? Thanks!
  9. G

Brakes a rip off?

I went to get my 40k service today and the guy called me to tell me my rear brakes are going bad. Now I thought when brakes go bad, you replace the pads. He told me the brakes and rotors wear together and that just the rear would cost 335$. Is this a rip off? Is there an after market way to do...
  10. G

Need some advice

So just to start off my car is Stage too with full exhaust an intake and stage 2 chip. So i went for my 30k service and the guy told me i have a huge oil leak. But he didnt have enough time to find the cause so he told me to bring it back in june and they have to determine if the mods cause it...
  11. G

Need new wipers

Hey guys i need new wipers now i know the measurements are 24in and 19in. Im stuck between bosch icon and Rain x latitude. Icon supposedly doesn't last long. What should i get?
  12. G

Stage 2 Mkvi GTI vs BMW 6 series

Last night on the George Washington bridge was tailing me. Then he pulled up beside me and gave me thumbs up so we did a quick go from prob 40 til 80. He didnt pull me i was a half car ahead until i had to brake. Which 6 series do you think it was? He was very impressed lol Sorry no vid all...
  13. G

Extend Ipod Mdi Cable?

I bought a cable that was suppose to transfer audio but it didnt work. It says "Audio files cant be found" so do you guys know any that you have seen work? I dont want to spend money again for same problem.
  14. G

I'm going skydiving tomorrow

can i have ur gti? lol jk good luck man
  15. G

Little Scared Dropped my car off at VW

So i dropped my car off at VW today to get the 20k oil plus a ton of other stuff. Tire pressure light doesnt go away The Fire wall under hood is just hanging down Back right wheel squeaks MDI cable doesnt work Heated seats dont work Im scared that some how idk how but i dont want them giving...
  16. G

Anything in CT?

Do you guys know if there is anything in CT near danbury? i use to go to Mcdonalds meets on thursday but last time i was there a cop came and kicked everyone out.
  17. G

2 new tires all season

Ok so i have 2 bubbles in my tires and my budget right now cant afford all new tires. My plan right now is to just put 2 all season tires on until summer then get summer tires. Heres the problem, the 2 tires cant be above 120 a pop and i know this might be picky but i want snow and regular...
  18. G

Vinyl Wrap Hood

Ive been thinking about doing this for some reason. I have a white GTI 4 door. Will it look trashy? does anyone have pics?
  19. G

Mdi Idea i had

Im reposting this from vortex to try and get more views Right now im on my second MDI cable which is broken and i have reasons to believe its because its crappy wiring and when i keep moving it to take ipod in and it it forces something to snap. So my plan is to get a New mdi cable then get a...
  20. G

Squeeking?

Ok my gti has 18k miles on it and the back right tire squeaks even when im not on the brakes. Ill be going in reverse and all you hear is squeaking...how can i fix this? will VW cover me because the car shouldnt be doing this at 18k miles.