GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Bye Bye Shadow Blue

This is the last year that Shadow Blue will be offered for the MK6 GTI. My favorite color by far! http://askavwsalesguy.com/blog/2012/04/22/shadow-blue-gets-its-two-weeks-notice.html
  2. W

Feeler: RAI DP

Thinking about just returning my car to stage 1. If anything serious happens I'll sell the downpipe. Looking to get $400 +shipping. Only been on the car for the past 5 days with less then 500 miles. Thanks.
  3. W

Found a little bit of Oil on Spark Plug #4

What causes this? All other plugs looked fine. A little worried now. There was hardly any oil down the chamber that houses the plug/coil, maybe just a tiny bit that gave it a glazed look. My buddy said I probably need to replace my valve cover/gasket and my O rings. How difficult will this be?
  4. W

RAI DP Installed

Tools Used: 16mm Socket 14mm Socket 13mm Socket 10mm Socket T20 Torx T30 Torx 3" extension 6-8" extension (Borrowed it) 1/4" Ratchet 3/8" Ratchet I bought a tool set from Home Depot (252pc for $69). It had everything I needed except the Torx and a longer extension. Going to do a quick right...
  5. W

People with aftermarket clutches

I am at 50k miles, just dumped a bunch of shit on my car, and now I'm turning my eyes to my clutch. I see a lot of people going with the SB clutches, but there customer service seems to be complete shit. My question here is, has anyone put more than 15k miles on any of these aftermarket...
  6. W

Plastic Clip on Shifter

How the fuck does it come off. I feel like im going to break this little fucking thing. After reading others, people post they ordered a couple extra which I didn't do. One guy even broke his. The MK5 clip looks to be way less fragile and just pops off, not this one.
  7. W

Wow.. What am I doing?!

Since getting my tax return I have decided to treat myself a little bit. Things I have ordered: RAI Catted DP USP SS Brake Lines (Front/Rear) Stoptech Performance Street Pads (Front/Rear) ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid New Spark Plugs Oil Change crap APR Carbonio Stage 1 Intake Rev. D Diverter...
  8. W

Downpipe or Tails!?!?

AHH I can't decide, and the 5th Group buy just started. Its between the UR DP or the OEM LED Tails. HELP ME!!!
  9. W

When do you let the dealer run your credit?

It seems the first thing every dealer wants to do when they sit you down is run your credit. I have never walked into a dealership without checking my current score within a recent amount of time. Being that one can shop many dealers, this could lead to potential excess credit checking, which...
  10. W

Anyone else trade in there 2010 for a 2012?

I am seriously thinking about selling my 2010 GTI and picking up a 2012. Main reasons are: -I want 4 DR -I want Xenons -Contemplating getting a DSG Like many here, I am made a big mistake not getting xenons but I needed a car and none in my area were available. My commute also changed and I...
  11. W

Intake and Downpipe... Check!

Well I just ordered my APR Stage 1 Intake and 42DD Street series downpipe. Can't wait till they come in. Will definitely post my review after they are installed! Sound clips..not so sure about, the iPhone doesn't do so well with that, but I will try. From the fellow Stage 2 people, what is it...
  12. W

Car down :(

After 10k miles, my car has finally decided to break. Not sure what it is but there is a loud scraping/grinding noise coming from the rear driver side area of the car. The tire itself looks like I'm trying to be JDM VIP with some negative camber and is slanted inwards. Couldn't have the car...
  13. W

Painted Grey area on bumper and sidemarkers!

Painted sidemarkers, front lower grill area, and 35% ceramic tint all around.
  14. W

How to drive stick in a GTI

So I have driven stick before, but never on a car that has a turbo and/or this much pick up so quickly. I find myself not having smooth shifts. I think partly I need to get a short throw kit, but also I want to figure out what I am doing wrong: Downshifting: Clutch in, blimp gas to increase...
  15. W

Pictures

Pics:
  16. W

FS 18" Detroits

Selling my 18" detroits. Looking to get $900 for wheels only. Tires will be an additional $600. Wheels and tires have 30 miles on them. All prices are without shipping. Please e-mail me at 1005bellw@gmail.com.
  17. W

What size tire?

Will be going with 18x8.5 VMR v710's. I will not be lowering the car abd want a tire for daily driving and commuting. Thinking about going 235/45/18. Will I rub with this size?
  18. W

Short Shifters?

Anyone have a short shifter installed? Which brand did you go with? Thanks, Walter
  19. W

v710 color for CW Gti?

I really can not decide on what color to get on a CW GTi. I have only seen the silver on an MK5 and it looks great, I just wish I knew what it looked like in gun metal and matte black. Any pics?
  20. W

CGSM Owners: What wheels are you going with?

CSGM Owners: What wheels are you going with? So I will be picking up my CGSM soon and I can't decide what wheels look the best with the color. I pretty much think just the basic machined looking color looks the best, but am curious to see what other people are doing.