GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. OldSkoolNJ

Remove Rear Rotor - Right Tool For the Job???

Did some searching here and had no luck. Went to do a full brake job this weekend. Did extremely well until rear rotors. I bought the only 12pt (Triple Square) 14mm socket I could find in local stores. Works fine on lower Caliper bolts but can't get the clearance between top bolts and control...
  2. OldSkoolNJ

Remove Grill Inserts/Fog Trim?

I know the trim/inserts are held in by clips but attempted this morning with panel removal tools and I only got one part out and the rest didn't want to come. Popped it back in and am turning to you guys. Anyone removed these inserts? What process did you use? Kevin
  3. OldSkoolNJ

LED Side Marker Bulbs?

I am going to switch to clear side markers and I want to get some good LEDs for them. Anyone come across any good amber LEDs that fit in our side markers and of course error free (although that seems a given now a days). My definition of good is bright, good amber color and of good reliability...
  4. OldSkoolNJ

Headlight Swap Question Volume 2 - Need Some Help!

Ok some of you may have seen a post from me recently regarding swapping headlights. The quick and short of it is I got into an accident where both headlights where toast. I had a 2010 with BiXenons. I was able to ask them to put the newer model headlights in with the LED DRLs. I had asked on...
  5. OldSkoolNJ

Headlight Swap Questions?

I unfortunately had a run in with some road debris (full sheet of drywall that got flipped into the air) the other night. It took out both of my headlight assemblies in my 2010 GTi. I am thinking of asking the body shop if they can order the late model MK6 headlights with the LEDs. Aside from...
  6. OldSkoolNJ

How do I remove......

I need to get behind my fog light and the winner insert surrounding the fog light. It is the stock bumper on a 2010 GTi. How does that pull out? Kevin
  7. OldSkoolNJ

MKV Roofracks fit MKVI?

I need to borrow a set of rook racks. My buddy has a set of OEMs for his MKV. I have a MKVI. Before I make a drive out to his place do you guys know if the fit is the same? Thanks in advance! Kevin
  8. OldSkoolNJ

MkV Roofracks?

Hey guys I am going on a roadtrip next month and we are taking my MKVI. I need to utilize some roof racks. My buddy has a set of VW OEM ones for his MKV. Will these fit on my MKVI? Thanks in advance for your response. OldSkool :w00t:
  9. OldSkoolNJ

VW 9W7 Bluetooth Module - For Sale

I have one that was in an 2011 CC for 3000 miles and used maybe twice. Then my buddy upgraded stereo. I am helping sell it for him here. Stole this description from a site. >> OEM 9W7 Bluetooth Module (7P6-035-730C) This is the new bluetooth module with voice control and audio streaming...
  10. OldSkoolNJ

9W7 & RCD-510 Questions???

Hey guys, Dont shoot me here. I know there are a lot of posts on this here and the Vortex and yes I know there is a search. It just seemed like there was a lot of random info. Some was early on and seems like ti was wrong or guesses or what have you. I am getting one of these from a buddy for...
  11. OldSkoolNJ

9W-7 ... What Cars?

What cars can I go to the dealer lot right now and see this Bluetooth module in? I want to try it (which my dealer will let me do as I am close with them) before I drop $300+ to do this upgrade. Anyone know which new models have it in it? Kevin
  12. OldSkoolNJ

Need some pad advice ...

Alright I am about 20k miles in and my rear pads are about done. I know the OEM pads are nothing to write home about, so I am not gonna buy those. My car is a daily driver for work and carting around my family. However I do drive for some fun here and there. i do downshift quite a lot to cut...
  13. OldSkoolNJ

Shoot The Gap?

So does anyone else hear themselves screaming this in their head when on the highway and flying between two cars now? I went on a road trip with some friends yesterday about 200 miles down 95. One of my buds is also a VW head and overtime I flew between two cars (which happens a lot) one of the...
  14. OldSkoolNJ

Weber's Crew - South Jersey - Philadelphia - MKVI Cruise to WaterFest!

So we haven't actually nail down a meet up point for this cruise but Weber's sounds like a good spot (We can taylor it to fit better as we find out who is interested) but we are looking to cruise up to Waterfest for Sunday's part of the show. Most involved so far are putting the car in for...
  15. OldSkoolNJ

Pre Waterfest Weber's GTG - Wednesday!

I know this is last minute but thought we could all gtg at Webers for a little pre Waterfest gtg. Same time and same day as always. We already also have a few people talking about cruising from Mount Laurel area to Waterfest on Sunday and parking together. On wednesday maybe we could lay out...
  16. OldSkoolNJ

Dubs & Rootbeer! South Jersey - Philly GTG!

About that time again! Burgers, Fries, Rootbeer, Dubs and Waitresses! Sorry I have been absent as work has been crazy lately. How does Wednesday the 16th sound to everyone? 7 o'clock again? Only answer I do not have is where do we cruise to this time? Kevin :w00t: Link to last time...
  17. OldSkoolNJ

First Weber's Rootbeer Drive In GTG

Decent turn out for the first night. I think we had about 10 ish cars show up. Got to meet some good people, eat some good food, look at some nice rides and the waitresses weren't bad to look at either. We were very welcomed thereand even were asked if we would be coming back. Then took a cruise...
  18. OldSkoolNJ

Amazing News for the "Rear Windshield Dribble (leak)" ... *READ*

So I have this problem as do most of us. After seeing many people not getting it taken care of , which is somewhat understandable, I had not bothered with it. It never does it when you take it there so they do not know what to look for. So I had to go in for a wheel replacement and mentioned it...
  19. OldSkoolNJ

Wednesday GTG - Weber's Rootbeer Stand - Cruise to Philly Art Museum

Wednesday GTG - Weber's Rootbeer Stand - Cruise to Philly Art Museum *PICS* So as some of you saw in the "MKVI in Philly" post we are getting together on Wednesday just outside Philly in NJ. Nothing special here.... Just handgun out... When - 7 O'Clock Wednesday May 26th Where - Weber's...
  20. OldSkoolNJ

Blown Euros ?

Is anyone heading to Blown Euros on Sunday? Wanted to get a few of us together and hit it up. You can park with friends but you need to arrive together. Since we are pretty spread out around that area I thought we could meet up down the road somewhere and roll up. Anyone? Kevin