GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Basil_Fawlty

Investigating Brake job/Overhaul

I've got a 2010 GTI MkVI, 70K At low speeds backwards or forwards, when applying the brakes, I get a nasty dragging/grinding sound Now getting worse over the last month or so It's primarily coming from the left rear brake Also get a lot of squeaks and squeals when cold Months ago, I had 50%+...
  2. Basil_Fawlty

MFI - Check Left Side Markerr - Erroneous Message?

Hello Fellow VW GTI MKVI'ers, For a several months on end now, I drove around with the MFI telling me after each start up, occasionally at first, then every time I turned on the headlamps to check the left front side light. Then it became permanent. I've not been lead astray by the early...
  3. Basil_Fawlty

Time for new tires, please advise

Hello everyone, I have a 2010 GTI, 225/40 R18 Detroit tire/wheel. The rears look near new, the fronts are almost slicks, I have just under 17K miles on them. Time to replace the German A/S Dunlop’s. I called Discount tire where I plan to buy a set of 4 tires, and got some prices. Some I think...
  4. Basil_Fawlty

Low Pressure Light won't turn off

Recently my low pressure light came on. I went to air the tires, found that I had a right front low, and a bubble on the side of the A/S German Dunlop tires. Now that all tires are air balanced and holding air, the light won't turn off. Why is that? I'm scheduled to take it in. Would like to...
  5. Basil_Fawlty

My German Dunlops have a bubble

I have the German made all season dunlops. My low pressure tire light popped on. I went to the station for air, and found that my right front tire has a bubble on the side of the tire. I aired up the tire, and topped off all the others. Yet, my low pressure warning is still on and wont go away...
  6. Basil_Fawlty

Best DSG Chip for a APR Stage 1 Flash?

I have a APR Stage 1 flash and APR Stage 1 and 2 Carbonio intake. Now I want to have my DSG chipped. There are several out there who have a DSG flash, but which one is reported to work best with my current setup?
  7. Basil_Fawlty

Mods do help MPG

Since having a new ECU back into the GTI, flashed with APR Stage 1 and running on 93 octane and now a new Carbonio Stage 1 and 2 intake, I have in the last month or so, watched my overall tank avg go from 21 to now 25 MPG. I drive in the city, and stuff my foot into the turbo as much now, as I...
  8. Basil_Fawlty

Stop Wheel hop?

Whats the best fix/kit/mod and cheapest mod to stop or greatly reduce wheel hop upon off the line hard acceleration, like especially using the launch control program?
  9. Basil_Fawlty

Installed New APR SI & II Carbonio Air Intake

And WOW! what a big difference, I'm very impressed and most pleased with the real kick in the pants it gives the car, and works with the APR SI flash. I spent the weekend with my foot stuffed in the turbo. What a nice sound and a little bit more rumble it adds to the car. But the increase in...
  10. Basil_Fawlty

CBFA or CCTA Engine?

I just got the APR S1/2 air intake kit, and read the instructions. I have a CCTA engine. Who has a CBFA engine, where it has a extra hose on he OEM air box front, and requires an APR brether element? Is that something generally reserved for California cars?
  11. Basil_Fawlty

Post to show off my new Sig update

Got new goodies in hand, and on the way, gonna have a weekend spent in the garage, and avoiding speeding tickets as I "Test" things out.
  12. Basil_Fawlty

VAG-COM Mod on Xenon DRL, now no Rear Fog Light

I'm not sure where this post should go, so I'll put it here and let the moderators move if need be. I had a VAG-COM change done on my NA 2010 GTI that has Xenon lamps, had the DRL's turned off. Immediatley, I got the light on the cluster showing I had a burned out bulb. The status said check...
  13. Basil_Fawlty

Meth/H2O - No2 Injection Systems

I understand that the Devils Own Methonal/Water injection systems adds more HP/Torque, while lowering temperatures. I also understand that No2 can also inexpensivly boost Hp/Torque too, but I dont know if it decreases temp, i think it ups it. What about using both? Of course, each in small...
  14. Basil_Fawlty

Problems getting the right oil and air filter?

I ordered an oil filter from an Amsoil man, he got it wrong. I went to the VW haus and got the oil filter they got it right. Then I went back tothe VW haus and got an air filter, they got it wrong. :paddle: Why can't anyone figure out what the right oil and air filter is for the 2010 GTI 2.0...
  15. Basil_Fawlty

Purchase Stealthy Noise Pipe Plug?

Where can I buy online a steathy like noise pipe plug?
  16. Basil_Fawlty

!!!I HAVE MY MkVI BACK AFTER ONE MONTH!!!

Well, after almost an entire month of my car being dead from a failed APR Stage 1 flash, my car is back in my possession. I got it back last Thursday Night. I sure missed my beautiful bad ass car. It went in to get a reflash after a VW delear stepped on the programming witha TSB. The Internet...
  17. Basil_Fawlty

Went to have an APR reflash, it fried my ECU

My ECU was fried at an APR sponsored garage, and the ECU was sent to APR in AL, they determined it was toast. I have been without my 2010 VW GTI MkVI since September 10th. Anyone else experience such a disaster? Why did it fry, because when it was hooked up in the middle of the flash, the...
  18. Basil_Fawlty

DSG-Mechatronic TSB??

I have searched, but I can't seem to find a previous post on where someone had mentioned that there may have been a TSB or some type of recall on the MkVI Mechatronic units in our DSG transmissions built during a certain time frame of build, like late '09 to early '10 (maybe I dreamt this up)...
  19. Basil_Fawlty

Nexus VI is in for it's first service

Ok, I dropped my wheels off at VW Boardwalk of Richardson, TX this morning with this list of items to be fixed. (They gave me a ride home, I expected to get a Jetta TDI, I'm bummed). Rear washer dribble - I just called and gave them the TSB info that I got off of here. Driver door leak at top...
  20. Basil_Fawlty

How often does your low tire pressure light go off?

About a month ago I have my low tire pressure light go off, and today at lunch it went off again. I checked, and the two fronts are a few pounds low. Maybe it's German Dunlop tires? Or I have a slow leak? Or, this is normal??