GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DD89

Switching from a GTI to 2013 STI?

Has anybody done this conversion? I'm going next weekend to test drive an STi, and if the trade in is right on my car, I will probably bite the bullet. A little background for me; before I purchased my 2010 GTI, I've been in love with the STi, and the only reason i didn't get one was because of...
  2. DD89

Cooper RS3-A's?

So my front right tire has a big lump in it that looks like it's going to blow sometime soon if I don't replace it and I considered just going with 4 All season tires (currently using from the factory pirelli summers). My question is this: has anybody used these RS3-As before? I'm seeing good...
  3. DD89

Turn signal issue

So I was driving my car today and I click in my turn signal to make a right hand turn, only I noticed it clicked left 3 times and then shut off.....okay, weird I thought. I moved it back to the center and then clicked it right again and it did the same thing, I then pushed it in towards the...
  4. DD89

Look what arrived from Germany last night...

These bad boys came in directly from HELLA late last night, can't wait to install them. The horrible part is: it has to wait until Saturday :(
  5. DD89

3zero3motorsports VMR rims

So I was lookin into BBS CH's but they're way out of my price range and I stumbled upon these VMR 710's on this website and I can get 4 for $800, is this legit? Can't decide between silver and black (may go black if I buy them since my cars shadow blue) Link...
  6. DD89

Potential oil leak?!

I went for my 10k service yesterday, and today I moved my car back a little bit and noticed a tiny puddle under my car. I moved it forward and back and again notice tiny drops, it's very watery and I don't really smell anything on it, but it looks like oil (I'm not much of a car mechanic guy)...
  7. DD89

Resonator pricing a bit wacky?

So I went to a meineke and the guy tells me that he's never seen this before and said if I bought the pipe (which is roughly $100) he'd do it for $100, I called a guy in queens and he told me anywhere from $150-200, is this real life? How can a resonator delete be so much... I'm in Queens, NY...
  8. DD89

Downshifting and you

So lately I've been really practicing my downshifting (for corners or lights that I know will be turning green shortly, so I engine break to them) and I have to say I'm getting quite good. The only tough one is 2nd gear because youll usually have to rev pretty high but other than that it's...
  9. DD89

Res delete in NY, Queens?

So I've put it off for too long, I've done my research and it doesn't void my VW warranty nor does it affect inspection so I need to get this done (poor college student and I love how it sounds after the delete). Anybody living in or around Queens, NY know of a good spot that'll do this cheap?
  10. DD89

Ipod (Wtf)

I took my car in for the 90 day service and everything was fine except for a few recall fixes they had to perform and I mentioned the Ipod Cable not working properly, and the guy tested his Iphone 4g and then my Ipod Touch and it worked perfectly fine, I come home and it's not working again...
  11. DD89

First mod ever....

Nothing too special, but I finally got around to cutting up these headlight covers and placing them in, I think it looks great. Next up is tinting the sidemarkers with lamin-x, I planned on ordering them tonight and was thinking of Gun Smoke rather than just Tint. What do you think? :)
  12. DD89

Will my warranty cover a broken MDI Cable?

My pops decided to cram my Ipod Touch into the little cubby which bent the cable awkwardly and now only the right side of the speakers work because the cable is busted. If I goto VW tomorrow, will they just give me a new one?
  13. DD89

Near miss

You ever want to kill old people? They really shouldn't be fucking driving if they can barely see over the steering wheel and have bifocals the size of coke cans. Some old idiot decided to pull out as I'm driving 50 mph and if I didn't brake he would have hit me on the side but I stopped right...
  14. DD89

3rd gear issue (maybe?)

So it just happened to me as I drove back to work from my lunch break, I assumed that I shifted into 3rd (high RPMs in 2nd) and apparently it didn't engage and I had to quickly depress the clutch again because I felt the engine pull back. My question is, does anybody else every have a problem...
  15. DD89

Access panel to Fog Lights

So I looked at my right tire today and noticed that the plastic access panel to get to the fog light is gone. Now, I'm assuming is somehow fell off when I hit that big pothole last week. My question is: Can I buy this piece online somewhere? Or should I just wait for my 3-month inspection and...
  16. DD89

The disgusting and vile: Potholes

How much do you hate them? I mean really hate them? I don't think I've ever hated anything more in my entire life. I picked up my parents from the train 20 mins ago and on the way home near St. Johns college there's apparently a very steep hole in the ground (not so much a pothole, just very...
  17. DD89

Lamborghini LP640 vs Golf GTI

I remember watching that, poor GTI....stupid britains being bullies!
  18. DD89

GTI sounding like a GTI :)

I have around 750 miles on my GTI now and I've recently noticed how incredible the car is sounding (all stock). When I first picked it up, it sounded like a normal turbo, but it seems after the break in period its much more mean and loud, and I couldn't love it more. I just wasn't expecting...
  19. DD89

Fog light cover removal

Is this a DIY thing? Can I just pop them out somehow? I bought some lamin-x that I want to put on them but I can't seem to see any way they would come off without lots of unscrewing.