GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. msm00b

2010 United Grey GTI

I'll spare you guys an overly self-masturbatory post about my cars specs, photos etc ... if you're interested you can contact me. Here's the nuts and bolts: Mileage: 31k Year: 2010 Color: United Grey Type: 2-door coupe Transmission: 6MT Wheels: 17" OEM Autobahn package (leather, sunroof...
  2. msm00b

Downpipe brand?

I'm a fan of APR and will likely end up jumping to K04, but their downpipe system is quite simply too pricey. For those of you who made the jump from stage 1 to stage 2 without the APR exhaust (either the full or just the required downpipe), which brand did you go with? There are several on...
  3. msm00b

Door Key cover

Left my headlights on a while back killing the battery. Popped off the cover and opened my car with the actual key and likely dropped that little piece of fiberglass/plastic and lost it. I called the dealer and they said the piece was about 12 buck but it was going to cost 75 f'n dollars to...
  4. msm00b

k04 questions

reliability? gas mileage after upgrade? how big a difference over stage2? Succinct questions. :)
  5. msm00b

Shitty gas

So about 4 months ago I bought a bad batch of gas from the pump on base ... gave me hell for a good 6 weeks before I'd finally run the tank down enough times and refilled it at only the most reputable of places. It purred like a kitten for a few months before it started misbehaving again. It...
  6. msm00b

CEL Woes

So about 2 weeks ago my engine started doing some funky shit ... and the CEL (would flash initially) is now on 24/7. It all started after I filled up with "premium" 93 octane gas on base. I have a feeling that it either wasn't pure 93, was of a shitty quality, had water in it ... or something...
  7. msm00b

CEL woes

So about 2 weeks ago my engine started doing some funky shit ... and the CEL (would flash initially) is now on 24/7. It all started after I filled up with "premium" 93 octane gas on base. I have a feeling that it either wasn't pure 93, was of a shitty quality, had water in it ... or something...
  8. msm00b

I lol'd

This is by no means representative of my average gas mileage. I was post call and sleepy so set the cruise control at 2mph over the HWY speed limit within the city. Light traffic, no need to touch brake or speed up. Ambient air temp 62 degrees. No net gain/loss in altitude. Reset the mpg...
  9. msm00b

vs Beetle

I totally kicked his ass. True story. Seriously.
  10. msm00b

10k service

Welp, I finally got around to my 10k service today at 10400 miles. I took my handbook's advice and didn't change the oil prior to this and had no problems. Engine is much smoother with a fresh batch of synthetic in it ... better throttle response and more mellow revving. Tires freshly...
  11. msm00b

Rofl

So I was on call at the hospital last night and the cafeteria was closed ... ordered a pizza which was promptly delivered by one of these: I guess I'm just not a big enough cult car enthusiast to know what it was when I saw it ... but it had "Thing" written along the side and big funky tires...
  12. msm00b

vs Harddrivin1le

Discuss.
  13. msm00b

APR help needed

So yesterday my flash simply stopped working after changing programs at the gas station. I thought I was changing the program but in retrospect it seemed to be blinking faster than usual. I tried locking/unlocking with no success and now it simply doesn't respond to anything. Anyone had...
  14. msm00b

I love the gas mileage

Just got back from a round trip drive to Colorado from Texas for a bit of RnR. On the 1000 mile trip from my home town to Estes Park colorado (elevation gain of nearly 8000 feet) I averaged ..... ...... ..... .... ... .. . 36 miles per gallon (literally and to the T). My folks following in...
  15. msm00b

GTI vs Mercedes C300

Yeah I know, the goal of both cars are kinda different. Here are the specs: Price? Starts at 32-35k. Why am I comparing these two? My '10 GTI went into the shop to fix a manufacturer's defect in one of the windows. The only car they had to loan me from Enterprise was a brand new Mercedes...