GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

RCD510 troubleshoot

Hello all, My car has the non-Bluetooth and non usb plug in option, though it has the touch screen radio (I believe the rcd 510). Long story short, I have no way of connecting a phone to the car besides an auxiliary plug. However the car is stuck saying it’s in “telephone” mode with no audio...
  2. R

Radio stuck on telephone mode

Hello all, My car has the non-Bluetooth and non usb plug in option, though it has the touch screen radio (I believe the rcd 510). Long story short, I have no way of connecting a phone to the car besides an auxiliary plug. However the car is stuck saying it’s in “telephone” mode with no audio...
  3. R

Alternator pulley

Nice thank you! After doing some research I will need to lift the motors a bit. Only a couple brackets so not too bad. The pulley just started making noise and still spins freely so I think I’ve caught it before it could cause more damage. The car is at 175,000 km so like 105,000 miles. I had...
  4. R

Alternator pulley

Hello all. Just curious if anyone has experience replacing the alternator pulley. And if it is necessary to Jack the engine up to remove and replace?
  5. R

Blasted sunroof drains

Hey everyone. I've developed a leak from my drivers front corner of my golf. I have tried hot water and a thin electricians fish tape to try and clear the blockage. I keep reaching an impass trying to clear from the sunroof down. I was hoping someone could tell me where the drain discharges so I...
  6. R

MKVII Seats in MKVI Golf

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone knows if mk7 seats will fit in a mk6 golf? Someone nearby is parting out a car and would love to upgrade.
  7. R

Electrical smoke smell

Hi everyone, for the past couple months my car has been giving off an almost electrical smoke smell from the hvac vents. It only does it at start up from what I can tell. And if I keep the fan off when I start and leave it off until I start moving it still gives off the odour. Just hoping for...
  8. R

Grille Badge

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if you can buy a "golf" grille badge that can fit in the gti grille. Tried searching it before with no luck.
  9. R

2.5 sounds sputtery?

Has anyone notice their 2.5 starting to sound sputtery and clicky? I noticed it now that its summer and can stand driving with windows down.. ill try posting a vid tomorrow.
  10. R

Front emblem help. Sorta.

Hey just wondering if anyone knows if the front emblem can be taken apart. As in can the chrome part be taken off the black part. I want to paint it two colours but don't want to start taking it apart before I know what I'm in for.
  11. R

Painted roof bars

Got around to painting my roof bars.... Finally.
  12. R

Painting OEM roof bars

Hey people's. I've been planning on painting my roof bars however I'm undecided if I should paint them myself or get them powder coated. Has anyone done this? And, if anyone has experience painting aluminum/exterior parts what type of paint would look best and be durable?
  13. R

Service work?

Hey I was just wondering what a 'headliner' is on 2010 golf. From my understanding its the inside part of your roof. But my dealer told me it was the rubber trim along the bottom of the side windows. Just wondering if I'm confused or if the dealer is just lying for some secret reason?
  14. R

Muffler tips

Hey just wondering if anyone knows a good website or place that sells black exhaust tips for a 2010 2.5. I can only find chrome!
  15. R

Strange noise

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had some ideas of what could cause a almost grinding/ringing noise coming from front of car. The noise happens only when I have a/c off and when it's revving near 2500/3000 rpm. The noise intensifies the higher the rpm until the engine noise washes it out. Also...
  16. R

2010 golf 2.5l grille repair

Hey I was out the other night for dinner and when I left the restaurant i found some bonehead backed into my golf! So the grille is wrecked and the hood a little bent. But my question is if anyone knows a good website to find grilles for my 2010 golf and if anyone knows if the tdi golf grille...
  17. R

Golf 2.5l grille questions

Hey I was out the other night for dinner and when I left the restaurant i found some bonehead backed into my golf! So the grille is wrecked and the hood a little bent. But my question is if anyone knows a good website to find grilles for my 2010 golf and if anyone knows if the tdi golf grille...
  18. R

Painting Roof Base Bars

I have been thinking about paint my golfs base bars for a while now. But Im hesitant because I've read paint anodized aluminum can be tough. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this or has any input! Any help would be great! (they are volkswagen original base carrier bars.)
  19. R

Help with rim sizes

Im looking for some steel rims for my 2010 golf and was wondering if 6jx15 are the digits I'm looking for. I looked at my spare tire and it says 6jx15H2. Does anyone know What I should be shopping for? And if these are even relevant?
  20. R

Tire size question

Im looking for some steel rims for my 2010 golf and was wondering if 6jx15 is the digits I'm looking for. I looked at my spare tire and they say 6jx15H2. Does anyone know What I should be shopping for?