GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ecniv

Second Gear - Changed

Hi, Recently Second gear was getting a bit stiff. 22k on the clock. Too to local garage to where I work and they took the car in, dropped the gearbox, replaced second gear and mentioned 5th n 6th were worn/smoother. Don't think they did anything about that. They also swapped the gears oil...
  2. ecniv

Mirror replacement...

Had a minor bump today. Now I need a new passenger mirror (the out side top is gone. The bottom is cracked). Passenger wing and door has scrapes/dented. Can anyone recommend repair places near Birmingham UK they would use? Tried searching for mirror covers online and failed miserably to find...
  3. ecniv

Apple iPod not working now...

Hi, I think with apples recent upgrades they broke the mda player connection in the car. Does anyone have any links to get an update and whether it can be run from the ipod or whether back to dealers for an upgrade is required? Thanks in advance
  4. ecniv

Heated Windscreen sprayers

Hi, Anyone know if you can get the above anywhere. If they exist? Driving in, I got to spray the screen once then they froze over. Saly crap on the windows would be good if I could shift it without getting out of the car... :)
  5. ecniv

Rattles in front air vent

Hi, Picked up a noise when driving over rough road (bumpy) sounds like a loose wire, but appears to be coming out of the air vents. Thought it might be my crap in the glove box, but emptied it (incl manual) on to the floor and the noise still came through the vents. 2.0 TDI, incase the GTD...
  6. ecniv

Wind noise - drivers side

Hi, This is the second time I have heard increased (and weird) wind noise on the drivers side. First was at 60mph and a gust of wind went over the car. Second was yesterday when a renault clio (sporty version) driven by someone in more of a hurry than me made me go quick. At the higher speeds...
  7. ecniv

Is there anything I can do for Gears?

Hi, My wife and I have noticed that the gear change is not as smooth as it was back a month ago. I have been missing third sometimes as it gets caught on the way in, I think its in and bring the clutch up to a screeching noise, curses and vague panic. Is there any product I can put on the...
  8. ecniv

Radio / iPod playing up on display of names

Or rather the lack of changing when the track changed. Had a search and people previously have updated the mdi. Is this easy? Any links to where the files are?
  9. ecniv

My Car (Ex Demo 09 plate)

My 140ps tdi se golf mkvi :)
  10. ecniv

Weird shudder and engine rev

Only happened once so far. Parked at lights in nutrel (sp?). Car shuddered like some one nudged me (no one did) and the engine revved at a constant 1000 (instead of just below it). Got the SE 140ps tdi version 09 plate. Is it something I should worry about or wait and see whether it happens...