GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

FS, local pickup only: GTI/Golf StopTech ST-40 328mm Big Brake Kit. Calipers and Rotor Hats Only.

I returned my front Big Brakes back to stock since I am due for a full brake job. Up for sale is my ST-40 328mm Big Brake Kit for Mk6 GTI, but it will also bolt up on a Golf. These brakes are a significant step up from the stock calipers to confidently stop the car on average street use, and...
  2. M

Quick Review: StopTech ST-40 328mm Big Brake Kit on a Golf

It was not as easy as saying "I want that" without a thought, but over time I definitely need a brake upgrade of some form along with a few things. Why I end up with a big brake kit? If there is one thing I'd like to improve, it would be the brakes as it felt short of "like to stop". A month...
  3. M

Heat Shield and Big Brake Kit

I know the instruction on the StopTech big brake kit tells you to remove your dust shield. Do you remove it? If you do, does it rub at near full lock of the steering wheel?
  4. M

Bilstein PSS and bumpstop cutting

Other than waiting for a few more parts, I am almost set to install my Bilstein PSS. I know the fronts has internal bump stop, but not the rears. Are you supposed to cut the rear bump stop or leave it alone?
  5. M

MK6 Golf and GTI use the same Master Cylinder?

Thanks to someone who was kind enough to let me try their bbk, my heart is set as part of the roadmap to mod it. But I am curious if MK6 Golf 2.5L use the same master cylinder as the GTI.
  6. M

Anyone here running upgraded mounts?

Out of curiosity, any 2.5L people run upgraded motor/transmission/dogbone insert here? Would love to hear your experience here.
  7. M

Need help on deciding coilovers

I reached the point when new struts and shocks will come in handy. With so many choices, I'm not entirely sure what to get. I'm somewhat set on either the Bilstein PSS (or known as B14) or the Koni coilovers. Both are similarly priced at the top end of my budget. Which will be the better choice...
  8. M

Failed seat release lever?

Has any of you experienced a broken seat release mechanism (or whichever way it's called) in a Mk6? One of my friends tried to get into the car after dinner and, sure enough, it didn't sound right. Instead, I have to manually slide the seat forward. I wonder if it's an actual part broke or just...
  9. M

"Key not in Range" when starting.

If you unlock the doors with one key, do you have to use the same one to start the car? This is the first time I saw that happening.
  10. M

Need help on finding the correct pads/rotors for the 2.5L

I'm not too sure if I'm looking at the right pads and rotors (2.5L). Will this work? http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.5/Braking/Pads/ES2581919/ For rotors, should I go with Adam's Rotors or there are other slotted alternatives?
  11. M

Can the stock rotors be machined?

I'm heading to a track day in a couple weeks, so it's time to start preparing. I don't mind changing pads this time, but is it true that VW stock rotors cannot be machined like BMW does? At least that's what I'm told by a local shop.
  12. M

Is fuel filter and coolant part of 40K service?

I know some of the fluids are considered "lifetime" that doesn't need to be changed, but that doesn't mean you can't change them. Is fuel filter and coolant part of the 40K service in the 2.5L? Based on what some people tell me and what I found, the answer is somewhat mixed.
  13. M

Any good shops in the SF Bay Area?

What are some of the good shops you guys go to in the SF Bay Area, preferably near Daly City? I love Tomas Sport Tuning, but they've been too busy to answer phone calls.
  14. M

F/S: APR-Carbonio Mk6 2.5L intake and AWE-Tuning full cat-back

For Sale: APR-Carbonio intake and AWE-Tuning full cat-back exhaust for 2.5L Price: 600 firm if you purchase both Up for sale is APR-Carbonio intake and AWE-Tuning full cat-back exhaust for 2.5L Mk6. If I'm not mistaken the exhaust should fit Mk5 as well, but not the intake. The only thing...
  15. M

F/S: OEM TDI 17" w/Tires

For Sale: OEM TDI 17" with tires Price: 700 firm I've got this literally-new set of OEM TDI wheels with tires last week with tires from a local Mk6 person, but I'm selling them because I will replace my Golf with another vehicle. Local pick-up is preferred, but will ship at buyer's expense. I'm...
  16. M

Mark VI 2.5L clutch options?

I'm curious if there's any clutch options other than the factory one. I heard we have a dual-mass flywheel. Going back to a single-mass unit isn't an issue as long as it works properly.
  17. M

FS: AWE full cat-back exhaust for 2.5L

Up for sale is my AWE exhaust. I know I listed it before, but this time the exhaust is already off the car. Asking for 500 firm and local pickup is preferred. Drop a line if you're interested. Thanks!
  18. M

Semi-truck trailer plate traceable?

The damage is not extensive enough that I can keep driving (was on my way back home from a trip), but it did moved my car backwards. I did file a report immediately to highway patrol, but I don't understand why they asked me to go back one exit when they should have asked me to try obtaining the...
  19. M

Semi-truck trailer plate traceable?

I heard two different answers about this. To make the long story short, a semi-truck decides to back into me in traffic. Can you trace the driver by just the trailer plate? Some people tell me it's not required to document which trailer goes to which truck, some say you can find out the owner...
  20. M

FS/FT: AWE full cat-back exhaust for 2.5L

As much as I love the exhaust, I'm willing to let go of my 2-month old AWE full cat-back for the Golf 2.5L. Asking for 500. Local (SF Bay Area thru Sacramento) is preferred, but will ship at buyer's expense. I will accept OEM Mk6 LED brake lights with some cash as a trade. Drop a line if you're...