GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

FS (South Florida) - 2012 Golf R 4-Door, Rising Blue, Sunroof, Navi, 15,5XX miles

Going to be selling my R at the end of this month. The car is a 4-Door Rising blue with sunroof and navi. Mileage is at 15,5XX and the two year service was done a few weeks ago. The in-service date of this car was April 14, 2012. The water pump and battery have both been replaced under...
  2. S

CSG owners, does it spot after getting wet?

Just trying to find out if CSG spots like black does after it gets wet and the car dries. Thanks!
  3. S

North Broward or Palm Beach County Audio Installer?

Looking for suggestions for an experienced car audio installer. I am in Boynton Beach and would use one in either north Broward (Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach) or south or central Palm Beach. Thanks!
  4. S

12V outlets switched?

Are either of the 12V outlets in the GTI switched? If so, which one(s)? Thanks.
  5. S

Lighter Rims or ECU Tune?

So I have plans to get a GTI in the next 6 months or so and I will be leasing. One thing I definitely plan to do immediately is put summer tires on it. Now, I will have enough funds for one, and only one, other major mod and I was planning on replacing the stock Detroits with some lighter...
  6. S

Anyone shop the A4 with the GTI?

These two cars have worked their way to the top of my short list. While they clearly swim in two differently priced ponds, they both hit many of my enjoyment buttons in similar ways. The GTI has a price advantage and I also prefer the hatch look to the three-box sedan styling. The interiors...
  7. S

Tire Rack Max-Performance Tire Test

Not sure is this has been posted or not yet: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=149 June 28, 2011 Tires tested: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT (Max Performance Summer 225/45R17 94Y) What We Liked: Crisp, responsive handling and very good wet traction What We'd Improve: Reduce...
  8. S

Enkei Fujin vs Sparco Assetto Gara

Yes, these look very similar (7 spoke vs 10 spoke). The Enkei's are 19 lbs vs 21.3 lbs for the Sparco's. Big difference? The Enkei's are $225 each vs $170 for the Sparco's, a $220 difference for a set. Opinions on these differences and on the brands themselves? Thanks! (Sparco on top.)
  9. S

Opinions wanted - any of these colors not look good with these rims?

I am not sure which I like the best, but I just want to see if any look particularly bad. My wife thinks that, because I am nearly 42, that the red is a bit too juvenile.
  10. S

GTI Cloth Seats - Cooler in hot weather? Overall comfort?

What are the cloth seats like in hot weather? I am assuming they will feel cooler than leather. What say you? Anyone go from leather to the cloth and feel that the cloth is indeed better in the heat? Also, how would you rate the overall comfort of the cloth seats, both the seats themselves and...
  11. S

Fan speeds?

Quick question, does the GTI have only four fan speeds?
  12. S

3% off MSRP Golf R Group Buy

Just wanted to pass this along for those who might be interested. I am not affiliated with the dealership. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5358116-Golf-R-Pre-Order-Group-Buy-3-off-MSRP!
  13. S

All-Season to Summer Tires - Big Performance Difference

For those that have swapped out their all-season tires for summer tires, how much of a performance improvement (braking, handling, acceleration) would you say they delivered. When I get my GTI I am considering immediately swapping out the all-season tires for summer ones, so I was curious...
  14. S

Nik's Boxes - Side or Underfloor Mount?

Just curious why those that have gone this route went with the choice they did. I know that those that wanted a larger sub had to go with the side mount, but if I was just going to go with an 8" or shallow 10" sub, is there an advantage to going with a side mount (other than mounting depth...
  15. S

Crossover for sub/amp install

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this, but I have not done any aftermarket car stereo upgrades for about 20 years. Planning on getting a GTI with the non-Dynaudio stereo. When adding a sub and amp, would it be advisable to intercept the signal from the HU and run it through a crossover and have...
  16. S

EA888 weaker than the EA113 - concerns for tuning?

In their first drive of the GTI Edition 35, Car & Driver states, "It is fitted with the old EA113 engine, which also is used in the Golf R and can handle the extra power and torque better than the newer EA888 in its current state of evolution." In their first drive of the Golf R, they say...
  17. S

Picture request - US GTI Interiors

Please post pictures of your stock GTI interiors, especially of the dash, center console and back seats. Thanks!
  18. S

G37 6MT or GTI

A couple of months ago I posted this thread asking what vehicles people had before their GTI. There were a fair number of people coming out of entry-level luxury/premium cars like the 3-Series and A4. This leads me to an interesting "dilemma" I am trying to come to terms with, and I would love...
  19. S

R Turbo lag vs GTI?

For those who have driven or owned both, how much worse is the lag on the Golf R vs the GTI? Thanks!
  20. S

What else did you consider besides the GTI

If you considered other vehicles besides the GTI, what were they and why did you pick the GTI in the end? Thanks!