GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SmokeyGTI

WTB: 18" Detroits NE area

Hey guys, I've decided I'd really like to get a set of Detroits for my '10 mk6. I'm looking for a set (with or without tires is ok) somewhere in the NE area that are in good - excellent condition. If you have any you're looking to sell please PM me or email me at jtkent28@gmail.com. I can pick...
  2. SmokeyGTI

WTB: 17" Denver

Hey guys, my 70 yr old aunt hit my car and I'm in need of one 17" Denver rim. I'm looking for one with no curb rash in good / excellent condition. Will pay for shipping if need be. If anyone's got one let me know. I would also consider a set of Detroits in excellent condition. Sent from my...
  3. SmokeyGTI

My GTi is barely starting.. Help!!

Hey guys.. so I went out to start my car this morning to run some errands and it didn't crank over as energetically as it usually does. I went to a couple of places and at both of them it barely cranked over enough to start, so I opted to bring it home. The only other time it's done this has...
  4. SmokeyGTI

So, how did everyone do with the snow??

Is everyone dug out? This is probably the most snow that has been dumped atop my GTi since i have had it. Luckily the storm came on a Friday so I pretty much just parked my car and dug it out yesterday. How did everyone else in the area fare? Some pics.. Sent from my Sprint iPhone using...
  5. SmokeyGTI

Switch from Iphone4 to HTC Evo?

Hey guys, just wanted to see what everyone thought about this. I was poking around on eBay and found a nice htc evo 4g up for bid. I am an avid iphone fan, but have always been curious about android. And I wasn't really that excited by the iPhone 5 and how they made the screen just taller and...
  6. SmokeyGTI

R conversion; Cosmetically

I was just wondering what you guys thought it would cost, approximately, to convert the exterior of an mk6 to look like that of an R (including the centerline exhaust). I really like the look of the R but I'm not as concerned with the performance aspect of it. Sent from my Sprint iPhone using...
  7. SmokeyGTI

Touchless car washes

Alright so one of the things I promised myself I'd start doing this summer was taking better car of the exterior of my car. I just haven't had the time to wash + wax my car every weekend like some of you are doing. But I have decided I'm going to change this and at least try to wax every couple...
  8. SmokeyGTI

Replica Oakleys?

So on my recent visit to Punta Cana I lost my beloved Oakley sunglasses when I forgot they were on my head and jumped into the ocean. They were a gift from my sister so I was totally bummed but slightly amazed I didn't lose them or break them in the 3 years I had them. Anyhoo... I've decided...
  9. SmokeyGTI

What do you think?

Alright, so there's a good chance I'm going to be making a career change in the near future. And while the line of work (aviation) is going to be something I love I will be taking a pretty sizable cut in pay. Subsequently, I'm looking to get into something a little bit less expensive. I want to...
  10. SmokeyGTI

Resonator

Hey guys, I was just wondering exactly what this resonator is on our GTi's (or at least the '10's?). I understand what it does sound wise, but as I'm not a mechanic I don't quite understand HOW it makes the sound that it does. Would anyone be able to give a brief explanation of it? Sent from...
  11. SmokeyGTI

WTB: Detroits

Hey guys, I am looking to buy a set of Detroits to replace my 17" Denver's. I would ideally like to purchase a new set someone has just pulled off their new GTi to put on their own, but I will go for a used set in excellent (no curb rash or bends) as well. I live in MA so close to there would...
  12. SmokeyGTI

Who's gone from 17" to 18" Wheels?

Hey guys, So I'm really excited for this weekend. Im finally getting some Detroits for my GTi. I was wondering what peoples experience has been, mostly in handling, when going from 17" to 18" inch wheels. Things I am prepared for already are... A) Stiffer ride. I understand the wheels are...
  13. SmokeyGTI

Denver's

Guys, how much would you say a set of (4) 17" Denver's w/tires would sell for? They are off my '10 and have 22K on them (tires as well). The rims have no curb rash and just a few scratches around the lugs from a careless technician rotating them. What should I ask? Thanks!
  14. SmokeyGTI

WTB: Set of 4 Detroits

Hey guys, I've been rolling on my 17" Denver's since I purchased the car in 2010. I much prefer how the car looks with the detroits on it, however, so I'm interested in buying a set. Ideally, I like to get a new (er) set off someone who took them off in favor of a custom set. But if they are in...
  15. SmokeyGTI

Best iPhone car mount

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone with an iPhone (4) had any good suggestions for car mounts. I could go with a good windshield or interior mounted one. Whichever works best. I'd prefer one that enables the car charger to be plugged in at same time. May be taking some long trips soon so want...
  16. SmokeyGTI

What are you guys using

Hey guys, couple quick questions. 1. What program do you use to block out your license plates on the photos you post of your rides? 2. How do you center your "signature" photo at bottom of your post? And what software are you using to make those? Some of you have some really well done ones...
  17. SmokeyGTI

My Trip to Waterfest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbiF_3dS7rs Ever since I got my GTI I had been making plans to hit up WaterFest 17 this year. I was going to drive down, but made a last minute decision to fly down with a couple friends. Even though it was just one day (Sunday) it was an absolute blast. Hope the...
  18. SmokeyGTI

Flying into Waterfest

Hey guys, so I've just found out there's a small airport basically right next to the dragstrip where Waterfest 2011 will be taking place. Old Bridge Airport I believe is the name. Has anyone flown in or know of this little airstrip? I was going to drive but it'll be 5 hrs vs just a little over...
  19. SmokeyGTI

Idle issue

So I have had my GTI for over a year now, and have since put on just about 17K miles on it. Save for a few minor interior squeeks its been rock-solid mechanically for me. The first week I got it it ran like an absolute top. You could put a bottle of water on the dash and the idle was so smooth...
  20. SmokeyGTI

Any MKVI's on the North Shore?

Just wondering how many of you are on the north shore? I know of one other besides myself on this forum, but I've def seen more than a few around.