GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. abstractmonkey

1998 Volvo V70 T5

So I was at a light last night and wasn't really paying much attention. The light changed and I took off pretty quick, but not too crazy when I noticed the Volvo wagon next to me laying on it really hard. For fun, I punched it just to fly past him, but to my surprise, he was right with me the...
  2. abstractmonkey

Wheel options for CSG

I'm having trouble finding wheels that look good on a CSG. I really want something kinda light and would love to downsize to a 17" x 8". Here are three options I find kind of interesting. For some reason bronze wheels with a decent bronze tint on the CSG is appealing to me. Any opinions or...
  3. abstractmonkey

Stock vs. Newer BMW 335i

So on my way home yesterday I was along side a newer 335i and needed to be in his lane. We were rolling about 30mph and he was slightly ahead when I decided to see if I could pass him in time. Pretty much as soon as I jumped on it, he jumped on it to keep me from passing. We only had about 200...
  4. abstractmonkey

Random Bass Sound

So I was cruising around a national park last weekend with the windows down and no music on when I started hearing an occasional low bass thump. It sounded like I might have had the stereo on slightly so I checked it and all was quiet. Has anyone ever heard this from our GTI's? Is it a turbo...
  5. abstractmonkey

Narrowly survived my commute this morning...

So I just had a good bonding experience with my GTI. On my way to work this morning I was cruising through an intersection as the light turned yellow. I noticed a car blowing through the red light and about to cross my path. There was absolutely no time to stop since I had sped up to make the...
  6. abstractmonkey

Stereo had too much bass when I started the car.

So this morning I'm heading to work and noticed that my local radio station was broadcasting WAAAAYYYYY too much bass. It sounded like I had turned up the bass all the way and turned everything else down. The volume level was reasonable, but the bass was rattling the doors and causing distortion...