GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

What is leaking? What is all this?

I promise this is not a Halloween joke. What blew up / is leaking and how much will it cost me? Recent service: PCV valve replaced and intake manifold, both by dealer (2 months ago now i think). I did go to the track a few weeks ago, but this is not a rare occurrence for the car. Current...
  2. C

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Centric rotors and Stoptech Streets. Slow in, fast out. Almost ready for Atlanta Motorsports Park. Old New
  3. C

Alignment, Caster, and SuperPro ALK

Looking for opinions on whether this caster is appropriate. I recently installed the SuperPro ALK brackets, so i expected more castor than what is showing on the right side, at least. Sadly i did not get an alignment prior to installing them. I'm noticing a very slight pull to the right...
  4. C

Removing brake dust shields

Dead thread revival, but I just did this ( on the front two wheels ). Meat's Brake DIY lists all the steps, tools and torques you'll need. And since i haven't seen anyone post any, here are my gold tape pics. No idea if this is good, bad, or unnecessary coverage of sensitive components.
  5. C

Help! Front LCA front bolt to subframe stuck

Success! Thanks again for the help. Amature tips: If you can pry the bracket off without dropping the control arm, you're a mightier man than I. I had to rotate the control arm towards the outside of the car and brace it against my foot to pop off the rubber bushing. Rotating the...
  6. C

Help! Front LCA front bolt to subframe stuck

Help! Front LCA front bolt to subframe stuck [Solved] EDIT:::::: Broke the bolt with a little more muscle. Amature tips: If you can pry the bracket off without dropping the control arm, you're a mightier man than I. I had to rotate the control arm towards the outside of the car and brace it...
  7. C

Alternator Replacement DIY ?

I did a quick search and could only find one for the 2.5L. http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163506 I see we have an intake manifold removal diy at least: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20966 This doesn't seem like an amateur job. Are there any alternative methods?