GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Little features on the car - glove box knob!

noticed this for the first time the other day... on the rear end of the glove box is a little knob with a snowflake symbol on it. The knob seems to control just a valve ...seemingly to vent into the firewall or whereever. Or perhaps it actually is connected to the A/C system to keep your...
  2. A

(how) can rear wheel geometry/alignment be set for this car?

took car - 17k miles fresh - to the alignment shop said the rear tire was off camber (too negative), but also off-toe. they said the rear camber is non-adjustable, and its a function of ride height. sorta makes sense to me. they said the car is sagged below factory specs -- highly unexpected...
  3. A

MFD snowflake temp readout - whats my car telling me?

i live in the [edit: south], and tonights the first night ive driven the car "cold" started up the motor, and as the MFD came on, the temperature display blinked 39*F and displayed a snowflake alongside what does it mean? is it trying to alert me that the conditions are cold and the roads...
  4. A

how much mileage are you getting out of the Monster mats?

i love the rubber monster mats but they're getting beat up QUICK... the honeycomb are getting smushed and the area under the pedals has actually worn through i wear mostly english shoes which have sharp heel edges but its not like theyre uncommon (example)
  5. A

strange mileage variance - long roundtrip

last night, drove houston to dallas. elevation change from 50ft to 400ft over 300 miles... which is virtually nothing in terms of gradient. 70-75mph smooth cruise control pretty much for the entire tank, save for some town driving. 44mph tank avg, 29.8mpg indicated and 28.7mpg actual drove...
  6. A

ticking noise when applying throttle?

normally im moving with traffic and/or listening to louder music. today while stuck in traffic i noticed an electro-mechanical 'tic' anytime the engine goes above and falls BELOW ~1000rpm. sound comes from the drivers' A pillar or footwell. its consistent with the rpm, so not some sort of...
  7. A

RNS 510 dumb navigation algorithm?

anyone found that the RNS510 navigation picks some really really bad routes ??? if i navigate between 2 points, using either by SHORTEST, FASTEST, or MIXED route, it will yield a sub-optimal route by all measures. i think it tends towards shortest, even if fastest is selected when navigating...
  8. A

anybody in Houston have vagcom?

ill buy you a beer for programming some stuff into my car :thumbup:
  9. A

getting a tank average mileage?

i find it perplexing that the avg gas mileage shown on MFI is from every time the ignition is on ... so its for a particular drive only instead of other cars where it defaults to show the average mileage until it is manually reset (e.g. beginning of every fill up) of course i would calculate...
  10. A

whats all do i need to do to keep my car up-to-date?

picked up a preowned 2010 autobahn originally delivered in january 2010 afaik, it has only been for standard 5k "service" which was an oil change -ive already got an mdi-usb cable on order, to update the jan 2011 RNS-510 unit [for faster ipod/nav operation] -is the navi MAP update free from...