GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Built a new Slot Port sub box

Decided to order another Sundown Audio SA-12 sub. This one is a D2 DVC, so I'll be running my amp @ 1ohm now. Sub should be here tomorrow afternoon. Started building the ported box for the new sub this morning. It's about 1.8ft^3 and tuned to about 34.75 hz or so (under 35). All I got left to...
  2. L

Explain your User Name.

low boost..... something i made up just to post questions, before i even bought the GTI. I figured GTI's didn't run too fast stock, hence low boost. I can't use my LS1 user name on the VW boards : )
  3. L

Planning stage of amp/sub combo

I just got done with my "demo" in the GTI. I wanted to see how my existing sub would sound in the new car. I just exended the speaker wire for the sub, left amp in my Altima. This is my first hatchback and you don't need much for it to sound good. I tested my old RF 325.1 amp and the 12 inch RF...
  4. L

Tint %

Anyone in FL had problems getting pulled over with 5% tint? Thought about getting the sides in 5% and hatch tint in 15%. I've got 15% on my Altima now and sometimes it can be a PITA late at night. Any thoughts?
  5. L

Good deal? $25,339 for 2011 GTI DSG w/ Sunroof

Last deal made was $25,339+ TTT for a 2011 GTI, DSG 2 door w/ Sunroof. They're only giving me 2k for my trade. So, the OTD price is going to be $25,752. I tried to get it for 25.5k OTD. He said the price was about as good as it gonna get. This sound about right? Thought about sending email...
  6. L

Good deal? $25,339 for 2011 GTI DSG w/ Sunroof

Last deal made was $25,339+ TTT for a 2011 GTI, 2 door w/ Sunroof. They're only giving me 2k for my trade. So, the OTD price is going to be $25,752. I tried to get it for 25.5k OTD. He said the price was about as good as it gonna get. This sound about right? Thought about sending email saying...
  7. L

2008 UG R32 in Brandon, FL (car lot)

There's a 2008 UG R32 sitting in a dealer lot in Brandon. It's next to the gas station at the corner of 60 and Lithia Pinecrest. I noticed it while I was driving back from the VW dealer yesterday. Looks to be in great shape, if anyone is looking for one. I don't work there, so don't ask me for a...
  8. L

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

I'm Mike, from FL. Haven't actually bought a GTI yet. Dealers are not giving me the right deal! I can say I've researched alot of aftermarket parts already. Here's a pic of my last car, prior to the turbo install. Cars tend to stay stock for about a year : ) Dyno pic after turbo install. I...
  9. L

Possibly getting 2011 GTI 2dr soon. Good deal?

Looking at the CSG 2 dr with Sunroof. Local dealer only had a Black 2dr w/ no sunroof and qouted me 25.4K. Brandon VW sent me this about the same car, saving me 2 grand. I'd rather get the CSG, they don't seem to be going as cheap, even without sunroof. 2011 VW GTI 2dr DSG 6-speed Automatic...