GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NTT5418

Engine "shuttering" under acceleration

I was driving to work this morning and noticed something very strange about my manual 2011 GTI with 20k miles on it. Anytime I put any significant load on the engine (usually when it enters boost), the car would shudder a little bit, then continue on. I found it happens in almost every gear...
  2. NTT5418

Suspesion hissing around corners?

Hey guys, Random question. I was driving through a parking garage today and decided to open my windows since it was so nice out. I noticed that whenever I would go around the bends (making a hard right), my front left side suspension was making a hissing sound. :iono: Anyone know what that...
  3. NTT5418

Strange Noise

Alright, I have a 2011 GTI 6 speed. Every once and a while I will notice a strange noise coming from the rear of the car. I've noticed this only happens when I stop at the traffic light by my house. Then after pulling away, it's gone for the rest of the day. The only thing I can relate the...
  4. NTT5418

GTI Fraying Seats?!?

Alright guys, I've had my 2011 GTI for almost 3 months and absolutely adore this car, aside from a few minor things. (wastegate rattle, dripping rear nozzle) There is one thing that has been bugging the hell out of me since about 2 weeks into ownership. The seats are beginning to fray around...
  5. NTT5418

Fuel Gauge Problem

Hey guys, So my 2011 GTI is about three weeks old and there is something that has been bothering me since day 1. When I fill up my car, the fuel gauge snaps to "1" just like it's suppose to. Over the next 50 or so miles, it doesn't move at all. Then it starts plummeting. Doesn't seem to...
  6. NTT5418

Exhaust Noob

Hey guys, Just got my paws on a new 2011 GTI two-door two weeks ago and I love the car. The only thing I would love to improve is the exhaust note. I love cars that have a great throaty sound when they are turned on but are not farty if you know what I mean (ie rice civic:)). I am a car guy...