GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Along The Razor's Edge

$1,000 for new hot water heater installed?

Because it is in a basement the water heater requires a blower motor to pump out the exhaust, the units themselves can run $600-$800. Call around, don't call a guy with a big ad in the yellow pages...they are usually much more expensive.
  2. Along The Razor's Edge

motorcycle riders: safety gear questions

I used to ride, gave it up a few years ago when I got the GTI. I've had both leather and ballistic nylon jackets. Leather is my favorite, really durable and offers the best protection. Although, the nylon jackets are a good compromise, especially in warmer weather (look for something with a...
  3. Along The Razor's Edge

FS: Winter Set-Up (alloy wheels & snow tires)

Decided to move South Florida, so I will no longer need my winter set-up. I've had it just under two seasons. I work at home/travel on occasion and don't drive too often (bought them as "insurance" if I got stuck in bad weather at airport while traveling). ~ 4,000 miles on wheels/tires...
  4. Along The Razor's Edge

Go-to song when left lane driving?

I like a wide range of music, so it depends...three that could show up in the rotation: AC/DC - Highway to Hell Beastie Boys - Sabotage Wagner - The Ride of The Valkyries
  5. Along The Razor's Edge

Neighbors keep tapping internet, advice?

You could cut cable all together...see if Clear Wireless Internet is available in your area.
  6. Along The Razor's Edge

dirt cheap healthy lunches for work

A couple of ideas... Simple egg salad sandwich - 2 hard boiled eggs mixed with spicy mustard and spread on whole wheat bread (I minimize the bread, put half mixture on 1 slice, fold over, repeat) Hummus and Veggies (you can make tons of hummus yourself pretty inexpensively if you don't use too...
  7. Along The Razor's Edge

Tool Storage

I ended up buying a large stainless steel two piece rolling tool box from Costco for $750 (~5.5 ft tall x ~3 ft wide). Had ball bearing slides and drawer liners included. Not nearly as smooth as a SnapOn, Mac, or Matco...but it certainly does the job (especially because I'm not in and out of...
  8. Along The Razor's Edge

First credit card?

Got my first credit card at 18 (Sears). Used it, Paid it off every month, moved on to a regular credit card, then dumped the Sears card (who needs a 25% apr!). Was a time where I carried a balance, ~$2000. Now I pay off every month and pocket the hotel points.
  9. Along The Razor's Edge

Interior LED Replacement

Some more thoughts and ideas... When I first got my car, the first mod was to change the white footwell bulbs to red incandescent bulbs from Autozone. When I installed the red LEDs overhead I noticed that the footwells now looked more pink instead of a vibrant red. Most people wouldn't...
  10. Along The Razor's Edge

Maniacs DSG Paddle Extension

Just got my paddle extensions (satin chrome (abs plastic) w/ black inserts) from Zmax today and installed them. Overall, the fit and materials of the Maniacs are excellent (made in Japan), they blend in seamlessly with the interior. They were also packaged well with extra adhesive, prep...
  11. Along The Razor's Edge

Consumed with Road Rage - Can You Relate or do I Need Anger Management Classes?

I understand your anger, that kind of stuff just pisses me off too. Fight smarter, not harder! As an alternative to confronting your neighbors, call your local police department and have them take a general complaint. Encourage friends and neighbors of a similar mindset to do the same...
  12. Along The Razor's Edge

Help Me Pick Out a Car for the GF

How about the obvious...GTI? Hasn't been mentioned, so I thought I would bring it up (and share a little of my story) My wife wasn't really into cars - couldn't tell the difference between makes/models on the street (although, she is much better now). When she replaced her 2002 ford Focus...