GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D Griff

The Next Car Swap

If you move to the Triangle, I'll grab a beer with you, I go up there often.
  2. D Griff

The Next Car Swap

in4MK7GTI
  3. D Griff

POLE: How much do you love pizza, dude?

I had Grimaldi's on Saturday. Their garlic white pizza is pretty good, I'm not usually a NY style guy, but damn did I enjoy that.
  4. D Griff

So... I got a Mazda.

I had the 1.6, I just dealt with the slowness :lol: Not much can really be done to make power other than forced induction... or an LS swap :dnftt:
  5. D Griff

Vanity License Plate POWL

How is this even a question?
  6. D Griff

C7 ZO6

I have a 50th AE C5 manual. Corvettes are awesome cars, they're pretty affordable, reliable, look/sound cool and the speed and handling are awesome. Also, they're one of the cheapest cars to insure. They certainly have drawbacks, but are one of the few cars that check the fast, cheap and...
  7. D Griff

So... I got a Mazda.

I had the car for two years and never once locked it, never had a problem, these aren't thief magnets like Hondas. Still though, you're in a bigger city with more crime and homeless, so that's a tough call.
  8. D Griff

MK7 VW Golf R vs. B8.5 Audi S4

:iono: It's all subjective, but that's the worst of both worlds to me.
  9. D Griff

The C5 coupe is really the better buy for most people, they're $5k cheaper, a lot more civilized, still perform great and can perform as well with like $3k in mods, have a removable top, better autox classing and a huge hatch with a more open feeling in the cabin.
  10. D Griff

C5 is always the answer.
  11. D Griff

So... I got a Mazda.

:word: It made a big difference when I swapped the boots (I had a '91 and a MK6 GTI for quite some time). It made it cooler, quieter and less smelly inside! I bet yours are worn if you haven't replaced them. The forum definitely has a lot of knowledge. The vLSD is likely shot, they're only...
  12. D Griff

GK Goes JDM, Brah. Beats Worst Forum Member on Actually Getting a Car this Century

Dang, watched dat autox video. The car sounds awesome.
  13. D Griff

Turbo Ford Ranger

Awesome!
  14. D Griff

The Next Car Swap

I'll just leave this here... http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-subaru-wrx-vs-2015-volkswagen-gti-comparison-test Not meat spin...
  15. D Griff

Why did bender get banned?

thread needs moar pole
  16. D Griff

Should I buy an e30?

Honestly, 100k is nothing on a Miata. Mine was a '90 with around 200k when I bought it and it was an ok car, paid $2k. So much was just worn out by then. Check out the classifieds at miata.net, there are some clean example, but sometimes they think their cars are made of gold. I wouldn't worry...
  17. D Griff

Should I buy an e30?

Get the Miata. Parts are cheap and plentiful and they're a lot of fun if you don't mind lack of power. Just don't get tempted by the $2k offerings, spend $4-5k and get a cherry one mechanically, it'll be cheaper in the end and a better ownership experience.
  18. D Griff

The Next Car Swap

Sorry man... I hate that. I curbed my GTI wheel wheel when I was trying to park really close to a curb to avoid door dings.... so dumb. Lucky the WRX wheel isn't like $400 like a Detroit. I dunno, I think a base R for $36k is soo much more car than a WRX. You get more performance, a car that...
  19. D Griff

The Next Car Swap

Time to ditch the Shitbaru and buy a MK7 GTI. Actually, why note just get an R this time? The new R is badass.
  20. D Griff

So is this place a ghost town yet?

I pooped earlier.