GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTItheIllest

FS: OEM Vortex MK6 Roof Rack

I'm selling my oem vortex roof rack bars. They will fit any mk6 golf/gti/golf r. This roof rack is basically in perfect condition with nothing wrong with it, only 700-800 miles on it. Selling because I no longer own my gti. Install: Very simple, bolt on. Took literally 5-10 min. Price: $220...
  2. GTItheIllest

FS: 18" Black Karthoums - Willing to ship!

Hey guys, I want to sell my 4 black oem karthoums. They have been off my car for under a year covered up in my basement. I have been running different rims. They are in great condition and look excellent. 2 of the rims are curbed moderately, however with tires on, it isn't too noticeable...
  3. GTItheIllest

Roof Rack Fairing on Oem Vortex Racks

:thumbsup:I have the oem vortex racks on my car at the moment and definitely want a fairing. Would both yakima and thule fairings fit? And does size in inches matter? I know that I may have to do drilling but If I dont that would be nice. Anyone with fairings give me some input on install, thanks
  4. GTItheIllest

30k Service this week. Questions?

I made an appointment at a local VW dealer this thursday for my 30k care-free service. I only have 28,200 miles, do you think they will still do it? Also I want them to address a few things I think are under warranty such as: -Headlight (AFS) auto leveling just randomly stopped working. They...
  5. GTItheIllest

Creaking sound when I let off clutch?

Recently started noticing this, I have around 27k miles. When im stopped and the clutch is in and when its time to go i let off and give gas, but when I slowly let off the clutch I hear a creaky/clanky, metal chatter kinda sound coming from the clutch. Do I need new clutch fluid? Besides this...
  6. GTItheIllest

Revs hang and linger? Help

If im just stopped and I rev my car to 4k for example , when it comes down, the revs hang at 2k for a few moments then drop lower to 1.5k and hang for a few moments and make burbling vibration sounds, then finally come to the bottom of the powerband. Almost like it wants to stay at 2k and 1.5k...
  7. GTItheIllest

WTB: Any catless downpipe

Anyone have some used or unused aftermarket catless DP's laying around. I'd buy asap and pay for shipping. Any company (UR, RAI, Eurojet, BB). Thanks!
  8. GTItheIllest

Just installed DG springs! Review/Impressions

I got them installed by a local tuning shop specializing in German performance cars (Motorwerks) today :). They did in awesome/professional job and for a pretty good price. Very respected shop. Installed DG springs with extra mounting hardware and an alignment at the end. After I got the car...
  9. GTItheIllest

WTB: BB Downpipe (catless)

Title says it all. If anyone has a used or new Billy Boat Catless Downpipe, i'd buy it and pay for shipping. Thanks!
  10. GTItheIllest

Annoying rattle between 4k-5k rpm under WOT

My 2010 GTI has 23,000 miles and not every time but most of the time only when under hard acceleration between 4k and 5k there is a very annoying rattle/squeaking/vibration noise coming from the steering wheel and gauges area. It happens only in 2nd and 3rd gear when my foots to the floor Can...
  11. GTItheIllest

MK6 GTI vs Golf R

I was at woodward cruisin' the other night in my GTI. Only performance mods are good summer tires, catback (if you consider it) and a forge wintake. Im not even stage 1 yet. I am very good at shifting though I saw a black golf R in front of me so I caught up to it and went side by side with...
  12. GTItheIllest

Mud Guard install situation?

I bought a set of OEM mud guards online and they came. I tried installing them myself and it was literally impossible, like you had to line up 4 holes and me and m friend just could NOT do it. So I made an appointment at a nearby VW dealership to install them, and i brought my car in today and...
  13. GTItheIllest

WTB: Forge Wintake intake

Anyone got one, because I'd take it off your hand even if its used, and will pay shipping costs. I need one bad. Let me know! No the twintake, but the wintake
  14. GTItheIllest

FS: Set of (4) Oem Detroit Rims and Pirelli Tires. 3500 miles!

Decided to keep them. Not for sale anymore!
  15. GTItheIllest

Summer Rims/Tires installed! Pics inside

18" Sparco Assetto Gara's. Engineered by O.Z. Racing 225/40/18 Cooper Zeon RS3-S tires. Any questions? Sorry for the shitty iphone pics, i need a camera!..
  16. GTItheIllest

Opinions on these Moda 18x8 Wheels?

I am about to pull the trigger on these Moda MD14 rims within the next hour, but I just want a little feedback and or opinions of them. I personally think they look awesome. And really turn heads, especially the color contrast when moving. They look similar to detroits in a way which I like AND...
  17. GTItheIllest

Will ddm tuning ballast work with oem bi-xenon?

I am on stock halogens right now and planning on buying a set of factory bi-xenon's and doing the conversion. I know its an expensive process but Im gonna do it. I already have a ddm tuning 4500k kit (ballasts, bulbs, adaptors). Can I use that kit with the bi-xenon housing or do I have to use...
  18. GTItheIllest

Car doesnt accelerate straight?

:iono:When under wide open throttle, the car sways either left or right. Mainly in first and second gear but it doesnt just accelerate straight. Is it the tires? How can I fix this? thanks
  19. GTItheIllest

What is this insert?

One of my friends with a mk6 GTI gave this too me because he had an extra and recommended it. He said its called a dogbone insert or something and it greatly improves wheel hop and makes the car feel more planted when launching. Apparently you just wedge it up there and hit it a few times with...
  20. GTItheIllest

Where to buy VW DG Springs?

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy VW DriverGear springs? Ive been searching and cant find anything. Thanks! Cant wait to get them