GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

What is this tube and what does it go to?

It’s the fresh air filter for the control valve for the intake runner flaps. It was an addition on one of the last intake manifold updates
  2. S

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

what is the fuel pressure in the rail as reported by vcds? i have seen the contacts in the 2 pin connector on the hpfp control valve fail. this will cause the rail pressure to be low. i do not rember if you only see 4-5 bar from lpfp or you get around 40 like its at idle. but it will be stuck...
  3. S

Folding mirrors retrofit gone wrong

you need to use vcds or similar to check the door module coding in each. lhd, rhd is code-able in the modules. my experience is if the car diddnt come with folding mirrors from the factory, the door module(s) don't have the capability to fold. the contacts arent in the connector cavity in the...
  4. S

leak from upper timing cover gasket or loose gasket or something else?

so what typically happens is the oring on the cam phaser starts leaking then the upper covercover gasket around the cam phaser leaks as well as the upper timing cover gasket and one of the lower grommet/bolts that hold the cover to the head. the upper corner of the water pump is not all that far...
  5. S

Mk6 aftermarket headlight relay

thats the symbol for a diode. cant tell from the pics, but can you separate the housing? if so the diode is likely replaceable.
  6. S

leak from upper timing cover gasket or loose gasket or something else?

You need to fix the upper timing cover leak quickly. If you wait it out, the water pump will be going out in short order. The oil leaking out will cause the water pump gasket to swell and break the housing.
  7. S

What did you do to your MK6 today?

call southbend. they can rebuild it and resurface the flywheel for less than a new clutch purchase typically.
  8. S

Folding wing mirrors on lock

you cant do that with VCDS unless you have the gen 4 door modules. if you have the gen3's that will do it, you have to write a bit in the eeprom, in the door modules, and vcds wont do that. the eeprom can be written to in the module with VCP, but its pricey just to do that. try 20103 for vcds...
  9. S

Fuel pressure sensor replacement

depending on which xzn bits you have, try a 1/4" ratchet with extension to 1/4-3/8" adapter to go into the #10 xzn. i use thes xzn bits on these stupid cars with there fancy irritating fasteners. dont get me started on all the self tapping coarse thread nonsense holding a 30K car together :)
  10. S

ah, gotcha. other bottom :) you trying it with the car on stands? or down from the top of the bay?
  11. S

its likely the rubber isolator deflecting. sometimes you need to "pop' the ratchet/wrench to simulate the force an impact would apply. try a short quick pull or turn.
  12. S

if you have a small 90 degree pick, or a radiator hook tool you can slide it between the hose and pipe and sorta run the circumference. that will normally kill the tension and let the hose slide off. small flat can do the same too, just have to be careful with all. also be careful with the...
  13. S

I worded that kinda dumb. Make sure the connector block on the flapper motor side is unscrewed from the manifold. It has the green plug for the knock sensor Its 2 t25’s
  14. S

The brace connects to a rubber isolator on the bottom of the manifold. It has a threaded stud the brace bolts to with a flange nut. Take the brace off the block. It’s held on with an xzn/triple square. Brace should kinda wiggle out. The injector harness et all should come off with the manifold...
  15. S

FAILURE IN FULL ACCELERATION (DATALOG)

you need to plumb a fuel pressure gauge in on the lpfp side. can be tee'd in at the inlet to the hpfp under the hood. you should have 4+ Bar fuel pressure under load. what does vcds say the lpfp duty cycle is?
  16. S

No Electricity

you might want to check the multi fuse at the underhood fuse box. if you disconnected anything from it its easy to break those.
  17. S

Choosing Motor Mounts!

i ran the 034 street density engine and tranny mount with the vibratechnics subframe and dogbone combo. you could probably put that together for 2/3's the full vibratechnics cost. i however do not regret going to all the vibratechnics. nvh wasnt much over stock with either combo in my 6sp manual...
  18. S

need to keep the measuring blocks grouped if possible. you have inj pulse width in the last log from 2 different places with different time stamps. but still looks like low pressure side fueling issue. inj shouldnt be on for 8+ms. my guess is lpfp isnt keeping up with demand (or tyhe module is...
  19. S

best bet is to drive easy and keep it from hard wot pulls until someone can look it over closer.. do you have an ed35 car by any chance? your MAF values look closer to k04 to me than a stage 1 car on a stock turbo.
  20. S

Choosing Motor Mounts!

VibraTechnics all the way https://www.vibra-technics.com/vw/golf_mkv_vi_vento_jetta_mk5 worth every penny