GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

FS: Winter tires/Rims - 16 inch Steel Rims with Blizzak WS80 tires/caps and carriers - 225$ OBO - New York City

SOLD I have a set of 16 inch steel wheels, with Blizzak WS80s 215/55/R16s, which I have used for about 3 years on my A3, and had gotten lazy about them. They have been stored in my climate controlled basement in plastic bags inside wheel carriers and padding. I also have the OEM VW steelie...
  2. M

Turning in Lease tomorrow, should I leave hints?

I'm turning in my 2011 4 Door DSG GTI tomorrow to pick up my new car. It was a great car... 24k miles, but 3 years goes fast. Anyhow, I have APR Stage I with 4 programs... should I scribble APR (my code) 1-stock, 2-91, 3-93, 4-Valet somewhere inside the owners manual for the next driver?
  3. M

FS: ED's LED Headlights, RNS-510, VW OEM Camera etc - Part out fever!

Ed's 10 Led lights with Morimoto 3Five bulbs and DDM ballasts SOLD RNS-510 SOLD OEM VW rearview badge camera - SOLD I also have a Climatic panel also which has some scuffs and Led's for seat heater on passenger side only show on of off (not 3 tier) and the sensors, which is free to whoever...
  4. M

2015 Mk7 GTI recall?

http://jalopnik.com/dealers-ordered-to-stop-selling-some-2015-volkswagen-gt-1601656839/all Guess they're working out the bugs with the new production line in mexico. At least they found it early rather than much later. I wonder if this will delay the introduction of the standard Golf mk7.
  5. M

Consumer reports loves BMW M235i...

I'm actually surprised that it scored so well among the Camry/Accord crowd of reviewers... http://jalopnik.com/consumer-reports-says-the-bmw-m235i-is-better-than-a-po-1597915268 It scored a 98/100, which was only 1 less than the Tesla Model S. I knew it was a pretty sweet car, now I can point...
  6. M

Get Behind me Satan! Damn you Audi for taunting me when I thought I was done.

So I placed my order for an A3 about 2 weeks ago, projected delivery date in august... And today the S3 order guide comes out... 3.5 months out for delivery... and 5k more for the car. /temptations and first world problems lol.
  7. M

Today is one of those days I dislike the GTI's wheels.

Well I hate NYC roads. Hit another pothole on the BQE on my way home, and blew out another tire. This is the 4th one lol. Good thing I got tire insurance. But replacing them is still a pain. 18inch wheels suck in NYC. If I wasn't turning in the car I'd be buying a set of 17s by now. Makes the...
  8. M

My lease is expiring, help me chose a new color

My GTI lease is expiring. I have become a convert to Superior Interiors. However I am looking into AWD, and I have a sick obsession with LEDs... as in I always felt my GTI needed MOAR LEDs. So I think I'm going to go order myself an A3 with MOAR LEDs. But now I'm in a conundrum about the color...
  9. M

New York Auto Show

Sooo.... Anyone going to see the MK7 in person? Just wondering, since maybe we can get together and head to the autoshow.
  10. M

Finally a Yaris that you'd be less embarrassed about your GTI being confused for....

http://jalopnik.com/the-420-horsepower-yaris-hybrid-r-is-like-a-prius-from-1250804487 AWD... 420hp... I'm gonna bet this thing flies... 300hp from the 1.6L is pretty impressive too. I wonder how much boost they're running
  11. M

Audi Y U NO give me S3 Hatch? GLA 45 AMG it is...

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/08/spied-new-mercedes-gla-45-amg-blurs.html Cause SUV = automatically available in the US... The funny part is that the GLA 250 is a lifted A class... the AMG drops it again.... so... it's an longer A class? The 7 speed DCT, AWD, and 355hp... 332ftlbs of torque...
  12. M

Top Gear Commercial zinged me today...

It asked me... Do you have a second set of floor mats on top of your floor mats to keep your first set of floor mats clean? Sadly the answer is yes... my GTI came with the all weather mats... which I keep on top of... not in place of the carpeted floor mats... Which keeps the carpeted ones...
  13. M

Somedays my GTI impresses me more than others.

Also all the people who work at Costco have no idea what a GTI can hold... They all said, no you can't fit the TV in that car... Long story short... my 6 year old TV died and I needed a replacement. So I measured the GTI cargo area and head to Costco... Had a tough choice between a 55 and 60...
  14. M

Browsing for GTI stuff on ebay... came across this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-10-11-HONDA-CIVIC-FD1-FD2-GTI-STYLE-LED-Projector-Headlight-DRL-FD-/151105839411?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232e9c2133&vxp=mtr Because Civic drivers have GTI envy? I didn't think that the GTI headlights were so awesome that you'd want to...
  15. M

Another Car to Add to the Mix of possible cars to get when my lease expires... MB GLA

http://jalopnik.com/2015-mercedes-benz-gla-this-is-much-more-of-it-1133772137 Rumors are they may do an AMG run of this model too along with the CLA... Looks like a decent Q3 competitor... and it actually looks somewhat wagon/hatch like.... Closer to the regular A class than I imagined they...
  16. M

Best Way to Own a used GTI/VW if true...

http://plays-with-cars.kinja.com/why-your-next-unreliable-luxury-car-should-come-from-ca-814250605 Apparently they offer you a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty lol... Wonder if I should pick up an Audi this way. I assume it doesn't cover mods... But if you're worried about reliability, this...
  17. M

Lease end strip down vs trade in? Car opinion

So I'm one of those crazy people that put money into upgrades on a Leased base 4 dr DSG GTI. I put in ED's headlights, an RNS-510, a new OEM aerial antenna (for the gps and Sirius), Did the climactic mod, installed the OEM backup camera, LED lighting etc, and tuned to stage 1. My lease isn't...
  18. M

VW Radio Roulette. RCD310>RCD510>RNS315>RNS510 Sound/camera quality and observations

VW Radio Roulette. RCD310>RCD510>RNS315>RNS510 Sound/camera quality and observations Hey there, just thought I'd share my experiences on all the radios, since I've now had all of them in my car at this point. RCD-310 - This was the radio that came with my base model GTI. It works ok, but was...
  19. M

FS: RNS-315 - 1K0 035 274 D - from 2013 GTI latest maps

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! I recently upgraded from the RNS-315 to a RNS-510 so I'm selling the RNS-315. TBH it's much faster to use than the RNS-510... (510 feels so laggy in comparison lol). This is a drop in upgrade for those of you with the base radio RCD310 and the higher radio RCD510 It's the...
  20. M

Purely for Laughs, HID City Lights?

I was looking at the backup light thread and followed it to mkV and ended up seeing a 15w HID kit for backup lights, which also can be T10 based. I was tempted to get a kit just to make my rear camera install easier (and light it better) but realized you could probably fit these into all sorts...