GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SwanyD1

Yuma Bound!!!

Finally moving back to Yuma. How's the VW scene these days? Any local meets or get togethers?
  2. SwanyD1

Moving cross country and towing question

Hey everyone. Looking for a little advice. I am moving cross country in about two months. Ill be driving a rental truck and towing my GTi on a flatbed trailer. Any recommendations for protecting it while its on the trailer? Thought about a custom fit cover, but I am afraid the wind flapping will...
  3. SwanyD1

Finally having some fun now!!!

So back in March I went to get my tune...Stage 2 APR straight from stock. So I took it to the shop and got my intake and downpipe installed (VWR Intake and SPM downpipe) when the guys pulled my ECU and tried to bench flash it....it didn't work. They thought the cable for their UPD was bad. Long...
  4. SwanyD1

Need opinions on a front lip....what does everyone think.

Or OEM? I'm torn between the two. Which one and why you would choose it. I know it's ultimately my decision.....but I just some others opinions. Let me know what you think. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. SwanyD1

Getting my car serviced and guess what I see???

So, on Saturday I went to my local UK dealer for my 20,000 miles service...and low and behold I see a thing of beauty being brought into the showroom floor for display. And let me tell you...the pictures do NOT do this car any justice.... Yes my friends...this IS the new MK7 R....
  6. SwanyD1

SPM Intake...any info?

Does anyone have any information on the SPM Carbon intake that the site still says available Spring 2013???? :confused::confused::confused:
  7. SwanyD1

My 7 month old is gonna be a GTI kid. :)

Already got him behind the wheel too. Lol
  8. SwanyD1

My 7 month old is gonna be a GTI kid. :)

Custom nursery bedding. :D
  9. SwanyD1

Official BLACK GTI / Golf Thread

I promise....the car is BPM. Lol
  10. SwanyD1

What is on your Christmas list?

This ones easy....and I'm gonna get it.... First....to be home with my family. I'm USAF and stationed in Korea for a year. Been here since Mar '12 and get to go home for my midtour 10 Dec. Second....my son. Wife is due 5 Jan but hoping for sometime before Christmas.
  11. SwanyD1

Walking dead !

Just send in Paul Hogan......now that's a knife!!!
  12. SwanyD1

Anyone driven a Citroen DS4 1.6T?

I drove a 2011 5sp diesel one back in January while visiting family in England. It had a really good feel to it. As far as comparing it to a GTI???I can't speak for the 1.6T, but size wise, the diesel one, I would say is more like a Tiguan. It was bigger than a GTI. Overall though, it was a...
  13. SwanyD1

What is your dreamcar?

Turbo interceptor from the Wraith. Very nice.
  14. SwanyD1

US Spec GTI to UK lights conversion question...someone please help

I have posted a similar question before, but never really got a definitive answer. I am taking a US spec 2012 GTI to the UK. Its actually on the boat as we speak. Once it arrives, I need to do the light conversion for UK standards....headlights, not worried about that, I'll have it VAG-COMed for...
  15. SwanyD1

Rear fog???

Does anyone know how to activate the rear fog light ob the PASSENGER side of a US spec car? Taking car to UK soon and it's a requirement to be on that side of the vehicle. Also need VAG-COM coding for rear fog. Have tried searching and could find it. Please anyone help. Thanks.. Sent from my...
  16. SwanyD1

Looking for vag-com near KC

Does anyone near the Kansas City Area have VAG-COM? I live in Warresnburg, so anything in the Sedalia, Warresnburg, KC area would be great. Thanks.
  17. SwanyD1

VCDS Lite

Has anyone used VCDS lite with a third party cable that you can get from Amazon? Just curious how well it works. I do plan on getting a true cable from Ross-Tech, but I am just cruious how limited Lite is. Thanks.
  18. SwanyD1

What did you get the wife/S.O. for Xmas?

Digital SLR camera. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. SwanyD1

Which boost gauge?

Looking at a couple of different boost gauges and would like some opinions.....have looked at the P3 vent mounted digital gauge and the newsouth vent mounted gauge. Also consider the newsouth gauge with a steering column offset pod. P3 Digital gauge.....concerned about the fact that the...