GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

59K miles, TWO manifold failures, huge amount of carbon buildup

just a warning, if you get a chance to get your carbon buildup cleaned while getting an itnake manifold replaced, DO IT. I didn't think it was a big deal the first time my manifold failed, but at 59KL it has FAILED AGAIN. unreal. I know the MKVII is a good car but this is enough to turn me off...
  2. B

43k Miles- first (2) big hiccups- New intake manifold and DECARB needed??

Well this certainly sucks. I guess when things break, they break big. 1.) I need a new intake manifold. It'll take 3 + hours to install. 2.) I apparently am "highly recommended" to de-carb my engine. at 43K????????? ($400!!!!) 3.) none of the local dealers have loaner cars (either AT AL, or...
  3. B

Best way to improve sound for $400

I'm spending $600 on new tires, all that's left is to make my car little more exciting sounding in my opinion. I know things like the resonator delete and the suitcase mod are all about $100 total for many mechanics shop. But in your opinion do you think there are any exhaust that really improve...
  4. B

2014 JDM Honda Fit RS

Spend 40 grand for a k20 crz Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  5. B

Recent MK VI gti paint SUCKS. what can we do?

with almost 40,000 miles, my mkvi gti paint has TONS of chips in the hood and other spots. we all KNOW that new MK VI GTIs have water-based paints. We are now suffering for it. I want to keep this car for 150K miles, but it is ridiculous how many little chips, dents, and scratches I have on my...
  6. B

Is there a cheap / easy way to make the stock exhaust a lot louder

Let me know thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  7. B

how fast for oil change @ dealer?

Damn, so now I'm on a deadline saturday morning. Oil changed scheduled for 8am... if I politely tell them I'm in a rush, how fast can the dealer do this, do you think?
  8. B

Honda and Acura's Lineup in the Years Coming

couldn't a non-hybrid CRZ be an absolute KILLER, if they lose some of that hybrid weight? I've seen videos of K20 CRZs and they are everything the car SHOULD have been from the start
  9. B

Tons of "wobbly" road noise?

I feel like I"m 1.) getting a ton of road noise around highway speeds, all from the tires and 2.) around 60-65 mph I seem to get random "wobbly" tire noises, like one of the tires in the rear is at a slightly lower PSI and is semi-flat? I mean it's nowhere near as loud as a real flat tire...
  10. B

Incredibly thin hood paint? Chips galore

Man I've noticed quite a few tiny hood chips since this past winter.. Is our hood paint thin or something? If i decide to have a bodyshop fix them it'll probably cost a ton... Wish i had a clear filn :-P Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  11. B

Good detailing shop in Connecticut?

Basically I want to give my car a good interior detail and a very good exterior one. It's in OK shape now, but I really want a nice protective coat put on it professionally.
  12. B

Holy shit...leasing an Evo X GSR for $259/month

so, aside from 0-60 from a dig, and Auto crossing, why wouldn't I choose a Focus ST (non-tangerine crap interior colors) over a $10k MORE Evo X?
  13. B

Whats the best AWD car

can anyone here honestly tell me, from the DRIVERS SEAT, how the EVO and STI feel differently from each other? Does one have a worse interior? Both cost a LOT, but is there a Mitsu equivalent to the WRX BASE (see, the WRX base is only 24 grand, and is actually faster 0-60 than the STI....)
  14. B

Mkvi gti, to v6 rav4?

What would a 2012 rav4 v6 feel like to drive, compared to a mkvi gti? I know it sounds nonsense, but hear me out. The v6 rav4 is pretty damn fast. Awd that can manually be set to 50/50,and an lsd. Also the v6 models apparently (?) have tighter suspension. Basically i have heard people...
  15. B

So much road noise on mkvi

Is it those all seasons? Any recommendations for a quiter tyre? My commute is mainly ny highways Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  16. B

Bye bye GTI, hello BMW 135is ...

Its getting MUCH tougher to find a non molested one nowadays, just saying. Id rather pay $25k for ab absolutely mint e46, but everything i find on auto trader is 60k miles +, or modded to hell Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  17. B

Wtf are you talking about Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  18. B

Thats actually a **** ton of money... No way can i afford this car , even with a gti trade in Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  19. B

Unbelievably jealous. The 135 is a dream car of mine. Im still not a 100 % fan of the pot belly side profile, but its a wicked car Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  20. B

Do you think the 2013 accord v6 coupe is better...

Im curious what you think about the fiesta st. On one hand, family car roots. On the other, it's pretty raw by modern standards Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2