GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

59K miles, TWO manifold failures, huge amount of carbon buildup

just a warning, if you get a chance to get your carbon buildup cleaned while getting an itnake manifold replaced, DO IT. I didn't think it was a big deal the first time my manifold failed, but at 59KL it has FAILED AGAIN. unreal. I know the MKVII is a good car but this is enough to turn me off...
  2. B

43k Miles- first (2) big hiccups- New intake manifold and DECARB needed??

Well this certainly sucks. I guess when things break, they break big. 1.) I need a new intake manifold. It'll take 3 + hours to install. 2.) I apparently am "highly recommended" to de-carb my engine. at 43K????????? ($400!!!!) 3.) none of the local dealers have loaner cars (either AT AL, or...
  3. B

Best way to improve sound for $400

I'm spending $600 on new tires, all that's left is to make my car little more exciting sounding in my opinion. I know things like the resonator delete and the suitcase mod are all about $100 total for many mechanics shop. But in your opinion do you think there are any exhaust that really improve...
  4. B

Recent MK VI gti paint SUCKS. what can we do?

with almost 40,000 miles, my mkvi gti paint has TONS of chips in the hood and other spots. we all KNOW that new MK VI GTIs have water-based paints. We are now suffering for it. I want to keep this car for 150K miles, but it is ridiculous how many little chips, dents, and scratches I have on my...
  5. B

Is there a cheap / easy way to make the stock exhaust a lot louder

Let me know thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  6. B

how fast for oil change @ dealer?

Damn, so now I'm on a deadline saturday morning. Oil changed scheduled for 8am... if I politely tell them I'm in a rush, how fast can the dealer do this, do you think?
  7. B

Tons of "wobbly" road noise?

I feel like I"m 1.) getting a ton of road noise around highway speeds, all from the tires and 2.) around 60-65 mph I seem to get random "wobbly" tire noises, like one of the tires in the rear is at a slightly lower PSI and is semi-flat? I mean it's nowhere near as loud as a real flat tire...
  8. B

Incredibly thin hood paint? Chips galore

Man I've noticed quite a few tiny hood chips since this past winter.. Is our hood paint thin or something? If i decide to have a bodyshop fix them it'll probably cost a ton... Wish i had a clear filn :-P Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  9. B

Good detailing shop in Connecticut?

Basically I want to give my car a good interior detail and a very good exterior one. It's in OK shape now, but I really want a nice protective coat put on it professionally.
  10. B

Mkvi gti, to v6 rav4?

What would a 2012 rav4 v6 feel like to drive, compared to a mkvi gti? I know it sounds nonsense, but hear me out. The v6 rav4 is pretty damn fast. Awd that can manually be set to 50/50,and an lsd. Also the v6 models apparently (?) have tighter suspension. Basically i have heard people...
  11. B

So much road noise on mkvi

Is it those all seasons? Any recommendations for a quiter tyre? My commute is mainly ny highways Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  12. B

Do you think the 2013 accord v6 coupe is better...

... Thank a mkvi gti? The accord certainly has a lot more tech, much faster, but a lot more expensive (34k) I also am not completely sold on the accords center stack, with its 3(!) screens But i can only wonder how that much lauded honda shifter feels, aling with that 5.4 0-60. Sort of luke a...
  13. B

Mfi distance to empty way inaccurate as tank gets lower

I don't get it. When i start the car, and it says 40 miles left, that number shouldn't drop to 25 within the first 4 miles, especially if im driving economically at 28 mpg. The mfi should base miles to empty, based on most current average fuel economy. And for those saying the fuel expands...
  14. B

best interior cleaning product?

wanna clean my seats. whats the best cloth cleaner i can get at pep boys?:dnftt:
  15. B

Ridiculous rev hang, especially with a/c on

Lol try accelerating with the pedal floored.. This car does Not like to be shifted fast, and rev hangs like mad around 6k rpm. Guess vag not racecar, is fuel economy car Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  16. B

About to trade 2012 GTI for mint Colbalt SS- good idea?

I just want a car that is more engaging to drive, but is still....somewhat....liveable. Liveable = decently reliable, decently good on gas when babied, Seats that are good for short or long hauls, OK at highway cruising when needed. Basically I want the cobalt because I've heard it truly was a...
  17. B

Any problem driving without VW center hub cap?

Took off my snow tires and noticed the stock detroits were missing the VW logi cap on one of them Will i rust out something fierce if i drive without it? Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  18. B

First time changing wheels

First time changing my wheels frok snow tires, to my surprise stock detroits. 1. What torque spec do i wrench to? 2. Is there a special nut/unlocking tool needed to put on the stock tires? 3. Any tips on the actual process? I have a decent jack and torque wrench Thanks Sent from my...
  19. B

Ever bring your gti to a quick lube place?

Ive really only serviced my cars at official dealers... But i now just want to change my oil. Are those places like jiffylube pretty trustworthy and safe? Thanks Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
  20. B

Rough / crunchy e brake?

2012 6mt gti. Just noticed today that the handbrake feels rough when deactivating it. Like the mechanism isnt oiled enough. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2