GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. thedude4bides

Kessy peeps- need a quick favor

Can someone do a quick check for me? Just wondering if it's normal for my doors not to open via kessy if I open/close my hatch first... Scenario: my car is locked and I need to load my hatch with gear. Hatch opens fine via kessy, so I load it up, then close it. I go to get in the car and...
  2. thedude4bides

FS VWR Short Shift Kit

Hi Guys, I am selling my VWR Short Shift kit. No pics yet as it is still on the car but I plan on pulling it out sometime in the next week. Works perfectly but my modding ADD is getting to me so I am swapping it out to try something new. You can see these units not only replace the...
  3. thedude4bides

FS Audi S3 Shift Knob

Nice knob. Few minor scuffs from use but otherwise tip top. Part # 8X0 863 278 C 1KT Here's how she looked in my golf, clean and OEM looking: The shift boot was never used as it doesn't fit the golf. Some guys would remove the boot from the plastic and staple it to golf piece but I...
  4. thedude4bides

2015 VW Cult Classic

Local event to me with lots of cool dubs and other cars. Here's a few pics I snapped of the event, enjoy!
  5. thedude4bides

Golf R Steering Wheel Used

Hello dubbers- up for grabs is the iconic Golf R steering wheel with piano black trim and grey stitching. The wheel was used about 50k and has wear that accompanies that kind of usage. Overall the leather is in decent condition with the most wear in the spot where the left had would rest...
  6. thedude4bides

Is the Dude kicking tires now? Dafuq?!

Recently the thought has crossed my mind that the R may not be the right car for my situation. I drive 30k+ miles a year and spend between $300 and $400 a month on gas. Sometimes more. On some drives recently I have been wishing I had a comfier ride. Wtf that is about? I do not know... maybe...
  7. thedude4bides

Anyone successfully replace/program a new key fob for 2012 GTI?

Most know it's not a good idea to lose a key FOB as the dealer charges upwards of $300 for a replacement. Apparently, I missed that memo:laugh: In all seriousness, this is for my gf. We lost her 2012 GTI's key FOB on a hike in wooded trails and finding it is impossible. I have seen sites...
  8. thedude4bides

HOLY BALLS THIS THING IS FAST!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHumlKI5EE#t=106 pcHumlKI5EE
  9. thedude4bides

VW Cult Classic 9

Dub show in Coopersburg, PA this Sunday the 29th. Whose going? Quoted from vortex:
  10. thedude4bides

Poll: Custom Euro Plates

Option 1: Option 2: Option 3: Option 4: The plate will not be going on the bumper. It will be placed on the dash or in the engine bay while parked at events. Thank you for your consideration, here is the car it is for:
  11. thedude4bides

2015 Buick Grand National

http://2015conceptcars.com/buick-grand-national-2015-specs-price/
  12. thedude4bides

Dude's R Build

Story of my R:D Took this snap the day I got her: Now here is where my Golf R's tuning story begins. I've always been a dub guy but this is the first car I've decided to mod/tune and it was a direct result of joining this site and reading Grambles' threads. His background in engineering...
  13. thedude4bides

Dude's Review of 42DD's Golf R FSI Intake

Well this is the 4th intake I've tried on my R (I've had CTS, Carbonio, and VWR). What attracted me to this intake was the fact that it uses elliptical MAF housing like the OEM intake and that would keep fuel trims in check. It does. What I first noticed when I unboxed the intake was the...
  14. thedude4bides

Man dies retrieving dropped cell phone... In icy river.

http://m.cnet.com/news/man-dies-after-jumping-into-icy-river-to-retrieve-cell-phone/57617159 He must have had an iPhone 5s...
  15. thedude4bides

Wards names Jetta's 1.8T in Top 10 engines of 2014

Didn't want to make a new thread but the jetta one got locked. Lots of diesels...
  16. thedude4bides

Most Inspiring thing I've seen in a while

Man with no arms plays "Let it Be" RiDoYIflqAY Post your inspirational story below:thumbsup:
  17. thedude4bides

What's better?

Hey gang, I've modded my car to the point where stock parts are piling up in my apt. I even have my stock TBE in a friends garage. So the question I have for you is do you think it's better to sell the stock parts now or keep them to return the car to stock when it comes time to...
  18. thedude4bides

Waterfest Gems

I don't normally go around and snap pics at everything I see, especially at an event like Waterfest because I'd have GIGS of photos if I did. However, some things just catch my eye... This blew my mind... I don't like the spoiler, but I do like the exhaust... sort of :) Pretty clean look...
  19. thedude4bides

Lehigh Valley PA Cruise to Waterfest 19 - Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lehigh Valley Cruise to Waterfest Leader: thedude4bides Date: Saturday, July 20, 2013 Time: 8:30AM meet-up, 8:45AM roll-out Location: Turkey Hill Minit Market, 1140 Hellertown Road, Bethlehem, PA Roll call: thedude4bides - DBP 2DR Golf R Credit to Zillon for the map pic, thanks, man:thumbsup:
  20. thedude4bides

DubRun 2013 - SEPA Run to the Poconos

Hey gang, Our good friend HYDE16 contacted me with info for the 2013 run. Last year I met some awesome people, saw some awesome cars, and had a great time so I plan on attending again. The event is held on Saturday Oct. 5th (rain or shine) at the Barley Creek Brewery which is always brewing...