GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 67Scarelane

10 years cancer free today!

Congrats! I've had friends both beat cancer and lose their battles with cancer. My wife and I are actively involved with organizations that help to cure this horrible disease.
  2. 67Scarelane

I make vector art...

Very cool! I work with Illustrator every day for my job. :thumbsup:
  3. 67Scarelane

Do most of you have to work on Monday December 31?

Nope. PrePress Preflight Tech. We get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off and get New Years Eve and Day off. But we have been putting in 50-60+ hour work weeks. Nice to have a bit of a break. Work has been crazy busy.
  4. 67Scarelane

So, what did Santa bring you (and your VW) for Christmas??

Santa brought me a auto dimming rear-view mirror with Homelink. :w00t:
  5. 67Scarelane

Favorite Engine Notes

I'm an old school guy. I love the sound of a built V8. Here is my 1967 Fairlane with a 347 stroker. Sorry. I can't figure out how to embed the videos. :confused::confused: :w00t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTI_38dPZ7g&feature=share&list=UUB2qTo35ywaberACLZFmp-Q...
  6. 67Scarelane

Those who has a winter beater!!

Oh I know all about this. I drove Winter beaters for many, many years. Always sucked. Couldn't wait for Spring every year. But the past 11 years or so, my every day driver has been my Winter beater too. Been lucky enough to have my "fun" cars be just that. Fun cars. I bought a good set of snow...
  7. 67Scarelane

GTI Trip

Had to drive from the Twin Cities, MN to Chicago, IL for a funeral this weekend. Took the GTI and it was really good. I was a bit nervous, being that the GTI is a smaller car, but overall it performed awesome. Got over 30mpg. Rode very nice, except for a few patched of interstate where it...
  8. 67Scarelane

Least favorite car

Toyota Prius. Man I hate those cars! Yuck!
  9. 67Scarelane

Old lady threw me the deuces

That's awesome! Go granny!!
  10. 67Scarelane

Apple is very scared

Agree!
  11. 67Scarelane

What was your last car?

My last car, that I traded in on my 2011 GTI, was a 1997 Lexus ES300. Great car. Very reliable. Awesome AC! Great car, but very boring to drive. I like my GTI much more for a every day driver...
  12. 67Scarelane

New Guy...2011 GTI

Hi - Bought a 2011 GTI a couple of months ago. Had about 10,300 miles when I bought her. Haven't done much to her yet, just some small stuff. Hope to get some lowering springs and APR Stage 1 this Fall. Then maybe some new wheels and tires next year. Really enjoying the car so far. Very...
  13. 67Scarelane

Blonde Girl Rocks a 620HP BMW M3 - Vivid Racing Video

Oh have to admit that was pretty lame.....
  14. 67Scarelane

Does anyone have a muscle car?

VERY cool! 289 is a really good engine. Especially fun with a Toploader. The original 289 in my Fairlane ran flawlessly for years and years. Mine was the low 200HP one.
  15. 67Scarelane

Actually these days there are many great overdrive trannys for the older cars. I plan on putting in a 5 speed Tremec in mine soon. They are made to handle lots of horsepower and need very little maintenance. :)
  16. 67Scarelane

Engine • 347ci crate engine built by Patriot Performance • Stock Ford Windsor block • Eagle I-beam rods • Forged flat-top pistons • 10.0:1 Compression ratio • Cast steel Eagle crankshaft • Howard's Roller Cam, 0.576/0.568 lift, 282/286 advertised duration • Patriot Performance aluminum heads •...
  17. 67Scarelane

Thanks very much! I don't want to take over the thread, but I can certainly post a full list of the mods if anyone is interested. :)
  18. 67Scarelane

:w00t::w00t: It is a completely different car to drive than my GTI. The GTI is a awesome car to drive every day. It's so well balanced. It's quick, stops and handles well and very comfortable. Now the Fairlane is loud, fast and grumpy! It handles very well and stops great. Is it faster...