GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tyler12108

Dogbone Mount Insert Concerns

be prepared to have a lot more NVH
  2. Tyler12108

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

Thank you, if I remember correctly after the Mk6 they stopped making the two doors for North America at least, or maybe it was in the middle of the Mk7 production years they stopped?
  3. Tyler12108

The lenses went completely white from sun damage at just over a year (right outside of warranty). I tried to polish them but the crazing was so deep the lenses weren't salvageable. Tried to remove the lenses ended up mangling the housing so just ended up recycling them unfortunately. Biggest...
  4. Tyler12108

Supernova that I took off recently due to them fading horribly, wish they hadn't because I love the look. Always had the amber side markers though (y)
  5. Tyler12108

One of my fav pics right after the respray and spending a long time detailing lol
  6. Tyler12108

Currently at 165k, just got A LOT of maintenance done to fix pretty much every small mechanical issue to keep it going. Got oil leaks fixed, new brakes/tires/heater core/water pump/carbon cleaning. Probably more I am forgetting. Had since new tuned stage 2 since about 25k miles. Had the front...
  7. Tyler12108

2012 GTI Headlight Upgrade

my 10+ yr old oem housings had minor fading on the edges, the supernovas looked like I dragged them across gravel from sun damage. I have heard good things about Osrams but they are like 2k now lol. Ended up just buying some new oem ones on rockauto for about $300 instead.
  8. Tyler12108

2012 GTI Headlight Upgrade

Update - the Supernova headlight housings faded HORRIBLY right after a year, back to OEM and will never recommend them to anyone for the money
  9. Tyler12108

Cylinder Misfire please help

You should move the ignition coil to a different cylinder and see if the misfire follows, if that doesn't help then check the spark plug too. My car goes through them a lot, about a set a year.
  10. Tyler12108

Christmas presents for your mk6

How long did your Bilsteins last? Mine have about 60-70k on them
  11. Tyler12108

How many miles do you expect your GTI to last?

165k here just spent a few grand fixing up everything wrong on mine to hopefully get it past 200k now
  12. Tyler12108

Multiple errors with Exterior Lights on MK6 GTI

Keep an eye on the fuse box itself too!
  13. Tyler12108

Miss my Mk6 after owning Mk7

I replaced my OEM water pump that went out at around 110k with the aluminum one which lasted about 6 months before leaking, went back to the OEM after than and now currently at 160k.
  14. Tyler12108

Interior Rattle Driving Me Crazy

I have a rattle that appears sometimes that is SUPER annoying and it is actually the fender liner behind the brakes, it is one of the screws that also has a snap in part on the back that comes undone
  15. Tyler12108

At what stage do you need to replace the clutch?

Stage 1 was enough to kill my stock clutch at 20k miles 💀
  16. Tyler12108

SOLD: Edition 35 OEM Shift Knob (No Boot)

Still available? I am interested, do you accept venmo?
  17. Tyler12108

APR Direct Replacement Brake Upgrades!

These look nice I will probably try these out soon, currently running stoptech slotted rotors with their street pads and I'd be interested to compare
  18. Tyler12108

Misfire Mystery

I had the same symptoms and it was a boost leak, a coupler near my intake was torn on the bottom somehow
  19. Tyler12108

Headliner replacement...$700...fair?

Mine was about $400ish with unlimited warranty