GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Blueteam

Bolt shank length??

I bought winter rims from Discounttiredirect.. Bought general altimax tires for both a passat 2013 and jetta 2012.. Long story short... after several a return I noticed the MOMO Winter Pro S rims were cast waaaaaay thicker than the stock rims.. how much shank must be exposed past the rim...
  2. Blueteam

18's on 2.5

I really need some rims and tires, what offset will work properly on the 2.5 with stock suspension? Looking to get either the Sparco Assetta Gara Offset: 48mm Backspacing: 6.37" Bolt Pattern: 5-112 Rec. Tire Size:225/40-18 Weight: 20.3lbs. or the TSW Nurburgring 18X8 5-112 45GMF...
  3. Blueteam

Turn Signal Soundaktor

Anyone esle notice that the Turn Signal Clicky thing seems to go away when the chime goes off for ebrake or temp warnings? IS our clicky now a soudaktor like thing?
  4. Blueteam

Caliper Sieze at 18,000 kilometers?

SO for the last week or so i have been smelling that burnt tire/brake smell and I naturally thought it was my ummm... unique driving style.. Then yesterday morning i woke up drove a little bit and hit the brakes and they locked with almost no pressure. then after 5 stops it got back to normal...
  5. Blueteam

New E-Test Standards Ontario

New Etest Standards http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@ene/@resources/documents/resource/stdprod_080001.pdf "Hot Rod" Standards http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/category/drive_clean/STDPROD_098201.html#1999 I wonder how this will affect tuned cars...
  6. Blueteam

2.5 steering wheel to GTI or Golf R

Greetings, I thought I'd post it in the general section to see if anyone has done a mod like this. I own a very base 2.5 Golf. The steering wheel to me looks and feels far to cheap. I briefly spoke with a VW mechanic and he says he cant be sure if the swap can be done.. Something about...
  7. Blueteam

18's ?

Came across these for 160-170 bucks each.. any thoughts?
  8. Blueteam

2.5 to 2.0t swap?

I have a connection where i can get a total 2012 GTI engine swap for 6000 installed. Included.. Steering wheel. (most important upgrade, the rest is trivial..) Brakes Cluster 6speed tranny Ecu driveshafts and all the toppings. oh ya... and engine thing. The engine has only 10k on it. My 2.5...
  9. Blueteam

New Mk7 GOLF

OK enough about this GTI shtuff, What about the Golf? Will it be running the 1.8t and if so will it need to run premium? That would suck big poo.
  10. Blueteam

Did a Stupid... Wing Mirror.

I was parking my car ( backing in ), trying to give extra room for the passengers to get out so they wouldn't hit the wall opening the door... When I hear a loud ....POP! :eek: So Besides the few very minor scratches... I found a small crack in the blinker unit ..... The LED Blinkers...
  11. Blueteam

2.5 TDI

I filled up my fuel in Niagara... went through some twisty back roads for some "spirited" driving with a 2012 Scion TC... He couldnt shake my long gears untill i needed to use third then i sucked.. however shortly after i headed home, and after one full hour of hypermiling at 95 kph i decided...
  12. Blueteam

Nuespeed P-Flo Dissapointing.

i waited a full hour berfore i wrote this thread.... that should say it all I bought a Carbonio for my 2.5 Pros It was shiney It has the most HP gains Cons Unusable as a Daily driver, hydrolock can happen.. i dont care about the percentage of people who hydrolocked...so i took it back...
  13. Blueteam

FS: APR CARBONIO 2.5 MK6 (Brand NEW)

I have a 2.5 APR Carbonio CAI for sale. New in box never installed. Filter and packaged components have not been unwrapped. Paid 316 with the last weeks APR Sale, with taxes came out to $358. Reciept form Georgetown VW dealership. Selling for $325, still cheaper than gettin it next apr sale...
  14. Blueteam

Pioneer app radio dohickey

Here I came across this.. allows you to watch video and use apps while car is in motion.. Dont flame me saftey lovers.. just a messenger i dont have an app radio.. http://www.microbypass.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9
  15. Blueteam

GTI Spoiler on golf?

Does anybody know if the gti spoiler is just an add on to the golf one? Would it be possible to just add one on? The golf looks a little fat in the back with out it.
  16. Blueteam

Vag-Com Warranty (fire starter thread..lol)

Ok so i almost didnt want to post this because ima start some fires..lol Just got my window motor put back on my 1 week old car.. Spoke with the mechanic that just finished his VW CANADA training two weeks ago. The head hancho at V-Dub Canada has confirmed that any use of Vagcom, VCDS, or...
  17. Blueteam

MK7 GTI spy video (IRS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyg09qps4gM&feature=related Near the end of the video you can see the car on a hoist and it does have independant rear suspension. Was i worried? Yes yes i was... Golf... you never know.. But i hear that golf sales are only 20% of the US market so lets hope they...
  18. Blueteam

New toy

Look at what just came in the mail for ..errr.. my "friend" lol
  19. Blueteam

1995 GTI VR6 vs 2013 GOLF 2.5

I wanted to see how my new golf stacks up to my old GTI VR6. 1995 GTI VR6 |2013 Golf 2.5 Price 19,200 |19,100 HP 172@5800 |170@5700 Torque 173@4200 |177@4250 Comp Ratio 10.1 |9.5 Weight 2818...
  20. Blueteam

Carbonio = Void Warranty

So my 2013 one week old golf 2.5 is now in for a window motor.. Its making a funky high pitched squeel. I was asking some of the mechanics in the bay.. both old and young, about getting a Carbonio Cold air intake from APR. They all insist that they have a duty to report a CAI in a car with...