GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Rear Inside Tire Cupping/Alignment/Shocks/Weight?

I was coming here to post a similar question. I bought my 2017 SE new, and had to replace my OEM tires early due to road noise, which was caused by the rears cupping. No accidents, no tracking, nada. Had an alignment done and it barely needed any adjustment. I drive a lot due to my commute and...
  2. K

The car bug bites me again! Audi this time?

OK, my wife's Mini Cooper has been the money pit from hell so we bought her a 2015 Accord so she can drive something and just not worry about it. Doing this though prompted her to mention that maybe I would like to get something new/different too? So the wheels began turning. I have LOVED my...
  3. K

2010 GTI - TPMS question

I just had new tires put on and when I left Discount Tire the guy said the TPMS light was on but should go off after some driving. I drove home and sure enough after a few minutes on the freeway the light went off. This morning, on my way into work, right before I turned into my parking lot the...
  4. K

Thinking of getting a WRX

Wow, surprised to hear that. I have crazy back problems and take copious amounts of narcotics to deal with them every day. Over memorial day weekend we drove 3.5 hours to our cabin and I got out feeling fantastic and refreshed. the seats in my GTI keep my back feeling better than any other car...
  5. K

Thinking of getting a WRX

Maybe we are...I looked at buying a MS3 but couldn't stand how the interior was and I also didn't like how plasticy it all felt. Crazy power though...
  6. K

I dislike Walmart, "cool story bro" inside

No real harm has been done, aside from wasting some of your time. I'd just get the prescription, buy your specs somewhere else, and let them know you won't be back. Life's too short to spend a lot of time messing with idiots.
  7. K

What about titles

I have dealt with a number of rebuilt/restored cars due to having a handful of friends who liked to buy them, fix them, and then sell them. IMO a rebuilt/restored titled car will NEVER feel right. Yes, you can buy something for roughly half of what it's worth, but at what cost? I swear you...
  8. K

The Challenge - This is great...

Nemoy looks different with that longer hair, doesn't he? Also, I love the ending right before they walk in. Really funny.
  9. K

The Challenge - This is great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs Enjoy!
  10. K

Did I get a ticket?

My radar detector has saved me countless times. But I also don't rely just on that. I keep me eyes peeled and am scanning all the time when I drive. Instant on can nail you but I have also detected that instant on when he shot the car ahead of me. You just have to be paying attention. Here in...
  11. K

OK all you math guys! Octane conversion help!

Here in Salt Lake City we only get 91 octane due to our elevation. I can't find 93 anywhere. I would love to run my 93 APR file and I found a local gas station that sells 100 octane. What I want to know is what would the gallon conversion be for me to mix 100 octane and 91 octane to get to an...
  12. K

2014 Honda Odyssey

I have 4 kids and we have owned 2 Honda Oddessey's. I sold both of them at the time within 2 days and both were over 130k mileage. I only had maintenance costs for both and they are the best thing in the world for taking the family on a vacation. They're great for dropping your kids and their...
  13. K

WRECKS....Lot's of 'em....

Corvettes are so powerful and it amazes me how many guys don't respect that much going to the wheels! Even those little curb bounces usually end up costing a ton of money to get the car right again...
  14. K

WRECKS....Lot's of 'em....

Thanks for the link. I love shit like this. you gotta love it when guys are trying to show off and can't handle their cars. Pure stupidity...
  15. K

Need a replacement Detroit? Look here..

I looked all over, sent countless PM's, and just wanted to buy one without waiting for responses, negotiating pricing and worrying about shipping, etc. I found a place that sold me a re-manufactured one for $200, shipped. It took around 4 days to get here and I just opened up the box. The...
  16. K

18in Detroits - Questions

Due to some jackass not being able to properly drive in the snow, I was run off the road a little bit Saturday night and lightly bounced onto a curb scratching my rim a little bit. What was very lucky is the wheel that got curbed is the only one on my car that had already been curbed (done...
  17. K

Worlds smallest working V12 engine

That is so bad ass....
  18. K

First speed ticket on my 2012 gti

Mine has the occasional false alarm but you soon learn where those areas are. I can kill the X band on mine for either highway or city which is almost always what my false alarms are. Cops here use Ka or laser. I can't tell you how many times mine has alerted me to a nearby cop running radar...
  19. K

First speed ticket on my 2012 gti

I can't stress enough how having a good radar detector can save your butt. But get a good one. Those $39 cheap-o's will go off if someone farts near it and soon you won't trust it leading to ignoring it altogether. Here in Utah if you are on the freeway and it's under 10mph over they call it a...
  20. K

Car Washing Issues

Not all automatics leave swirls. The one I use when it's freezing outside has lambs wool strips that do the cleaning. I'd never take one through a place with those nylon bristles....ouch! I feel your pain OP. Thankfull another place by me that's a spray it off yourself joint just put in credit...