GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Need help finding couple of parts

1) metal clips for door sill trim , broke mine doing amp install 2) metal clips for center console trim ( the one that is around your knee merging with your gear shifter 3) grommet for dsg fire wall Looked and can't find those parts.
  2. V

Dash Kit Metra or Scosche? Also AMP install

Does it really matter? Also Im doing a Tablet install I need a amp to do the Digital to Analog USB conversion I want to retain stock speakers for now Will this work? Cheaper alternative? Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 300 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier for Compact Sub Systems...
  3. V

Sounds indicating k04 about to blow? Help.

So I have a K04 with APR 2.2 CTS Intercooler. - just installed couple days ago USP Downpipe I've noticed a lot lately that when I'm giving half throttle I get a lot of flutter basically the raaaa-ta-ta-ta-ta when I let off the gas ( which from my understanding is pretty normal )? But as of...
  4. V

I Feel my gti EATS gas

I had a full tank , just drove 12ish miles all highway to work and already down to 3/4 no spirited driving just cruising around 70mph... k04... I seriously feel like something is up my gas literally drops while my car just sits too is there anything it may be or does that sound normal
  5. V

Broke Headlight Harness Tab.

Cause im a retard and used a screw driver when its completely not necessary... how the hell can I get this damn harness off now? I seriously tried everything...
  6. V

Can anyone explain how to "adjust your headlights"?

I just bought new headlights and I thought you just pull out old and place in the new. I did not know there was anything about adjusting them ( stupid noob ) can someone explain this to me with cutoffs ect;? Ive searched it up on google and I kind of get it but I just want to know the simplest...
  7. V

How do I make my own carbon fiber pieces?

I want to learn how to do this and make pieces that no one else has yet. When I look up how to do this there is not one site that explains it. Does anyone know how or who or anything about this process?
  8. V

Will the Golf R Intercooler with k04 be sufficient

It just seems silly to buy a 1000 intercooler when im just DDing the car.. a R intercooler ( new s3 intercooler revision basically ) should be sufficient enough, no? I get there are many threads about this but its never straight up answers, just bickering back and forth.
  9. V

k04 with right Spark Plugs= better gas mileage?

I installed k04, kept stock coils and spark plugs.. Noticed that my car has an extremely hard time getting past 30mpg now when on k03 I hit 35mpg no problem.. Do I need to upgrade to the recommended spark plugs to start getting my mpg back? Its not a heavy foot even.. it literally just wont got...
  10. V

Black car = never again...

I cannot believe how many chips I have in my hood even re touching it up with paint there are just so many micro chips ... I dont like my car right now just cause of this. Anyone debating getting clear bra.. get it... i made a huge mistake not getting it I want to trade it in for an R so bad...
  11. V

Is there a way to tell which tune files I have

I may think APR might have put the wrong file on my ecu Went to tuner tuner got to 70% and failed Ecu dead ( I believe Bronson was working on this at this time *)* Sent to APR APR put on k04 Sent back to me I get radiator fan malfunction Sent back to APR APR says they sent it to VW to get...
  12. V

Thought I would try for this TRADES

I have... Black GTI front and rear bumpers - Want to trade for R front and rear bumpers ( if anyone is interested ) I have... Interlagos seats - Want to trade for leather seats. ( pretty much new / front and rear ) Shot in the dark, but a shot worth trying for something I want, let me know!
  13. V

Do we have an official intercooler thread?

Searched but did not see anything? Trying to decide between S3 CTS GODSPEED TWINTERCOOLER SPM Any suggestions? Live in Colorado, Summers are 90s but summers are only 4 months out of the year... Is it worth to save money and just get the S3? I am k04
  14. V

Headlight Retrofit like the panamera...

If I bought standard Ed Reps without Leds would there be a way to wire 4 Leds around the light like the panamera? Besides audis fiber obtic leds I think these look pretty fn cool Like maybe do a CCFL tube around the headlight and then just mask out 4 corners ?? Found this that a forum...
  15. V

My GTI shoots flames ( according to friend )

Conditions : Drove around for a little while Raining Pretty good ( Tires wouldnt hook up ) Launched from first, friend said he wanted to get out and see if I was... He got back in the car and said I was shooting little flames k04 with catless becauseracecar but seriously.... does this sound...
  16. V

How would one require R8 wheels?

And will the fit directly on the GTI without modification ? Like so....
  17. V

Engine Clutter on DSG around 1-5mph?

So I brought this issue up a long time ago when I was stage 1 but when im rolling like 1-5mph, especially up a incline I get engine clutter and the perfect way to describe the sound is a roller coaster going up the initial hill. Now im k04 and it seems it has got worse and louder... Does anyone...
  18. V

Want Spyder Headlights..

Let me know if you have some that are in working good condition... Thanks!
  19. V

So I decided to take my first crack at an orbital buff

.... Ive made a huge mistake... Swirl marks EVERYWHERE ( black GTI ) is there anyway to fix this or should I just call a professional :mad0259:
  20. V

APR sent my ecu to Volkswagen to get repaired?

What??? I was just informed this... Is this a normal thing ?