GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Will these fit on the GTI?

Hi guys. Just wondering if these tires will fit the GTI? Got them on my Tesla Model 3 and I'd like to upgrade to Micheline A/S 3+ or PS4S. Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
  2. C

Leaving GTI!

Hey guys. Just wanted to drop a good bye and thanks to the awesome community here. The GTI was my first adult car and has been an amazing experience driving and modding with all the help I got from the owners here. I'm giving it to my dad when I pick up my Tesla Model 3 on Saturday! :23:
  3. C

Where to go driving?

Hey guys. I moved back to NYC from CA a bit back and ever since then I haven't been able to have any fun with my car. Do you guys know any good areas around NYC area where I can take a fun trip and have a nice drive in nature? Thanks!
  4. C

How to make car less sporty?

Hi guys. I'm thinking about giving my car to my dad. Thing is he gets carsick driving my car. I'm not sure if it's because of my mods but is there a way to make it more stable without anything drastic? Mods: APR Stage 1 Front/Rear Sway Bars (apr) driver gear springs anti lift kit Thanks!
  5. C

What else do I need after buying uber-stealth?

So considering an audio upgrade and hearing good things about uber stealth. Do I need anything other than a sub such as an amplifier? How much did you guys pay to get everything installed? Thanks!
  6. C

Audio upgrade

Hey guys looking for an audio upgrade in my car that has the premium 6. I’d like something that is reasonably priced but will make a noticeable difference and ideally doesn’t have an expensive or laborious install process. I value quality and clarity over loudness. I have no idea how to work the...
  7. C

Do I need to do the 4th year DSG service?

Hey guys. It's been about 50 months since I got my car. Should do the 4 year service as I haven't driven my car as much as anticipated and it only has 22k on it. Can I wait a bit?
  8. C

Worth upgrading APR software?

Hey guys I'm on stage 1 ver. 2.0 DSG. Just noticed that they released 2.4 a few weeks ago. Anyone have some input as it's worth the effort to head to the dealer and have it updated? Thanks!
  9. C

Ok so I left my car on a lot for 9 months...

Hey guys. Due to some unforeseen heath and career conditions I left my car on the other side of the country for since April. I know this isn't ideal but I was planning to come back in a few weeks, didn't work out that way. I'm planning to fly back in a few weeks to get the car shipped over to...
  10. C

Diminishing Returns on Suspension Mods?

Hey guys got the following on my DSG MK6: Hotchki's Front and Rear Sway Bars Super Pro Antilift Kit Driver Gear Springs Continental DWS 06 Is there any point pursuing additional mods? I remember the difference getting smaller w/ every mod. Am I at a point where I should be happy w/ what I have...
  11. C

Question Regarding Bazooka Sub

Hey guys thinking about getting a Bazooka Sub as I've seen it recommended a few times on this board. On a previous thread I saw a link for this: http://www.amazon.com/Bazooka-BTA10250D-10-Inch-250-Watt-Amplified/dp/B0017JG47G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452371422&sr=8-1&keywords=bazooka+tube+10%22...
  12. C

Long Term Assessment: GTI MK7 PP

Hey guys. Haven't been on the boards for about a year. Back then there was a lot of hype and excited of the mk7 with the pp. Since a year has passed I'd like to ask how people are feeling about the mk7 pp? How does it compare to our mk7? I have a mk6 w/ apr front and rear bars, anti lift kit...
  13. C

What's my next maintenance?

Hey guys. Just completed my 3rd year service. My car is exactly at 20k miles so the mileage is low. What's the new service thing I should be doing? Is it one year from now or when I hit 30k miles?
  14. C

New Continental DWS06...different steering feel...

Hey guys. I had some bubbles and wear on my Hankook Ventus V12s and just had a full set of DWS06 put on a few hours ago. Can someone elaborate a bit on the following points? 1) What kind of difference should I expect going between the two different kinds of tires? So far the ride seems a bit...
  15. C

Taking car out of PNO?

Hey guys. I've been away for a while and I did a PNO (planned non-operation) in october when my registration came up. I'd like to re-register the gti now! :D however, when I put in the info for registration renewal I get the following: The license number and Vehicle Identification Number (or...
  16. C

Registration Dilemma

Hey guys I have CA license and plates and have been in NY for the winter with my car in a PNO registration. 1) I want to drive my car again. I will probably be moving back to CA for about half a year or so later this year. Would it be a good idea to keep my CA plates/insurance/info? 2) If I...
  17. C

Question about fitting tires in GTI backseat.

Hey guys looks like I"ll be shipping my car from CA to NY. I received the following email from Montway (car shipping company) regarding stashing my extra set of 4 tires in the car. "Of Course! Free of charge you are given up to 100 lbs of personal items in the trunk of the vehicle only, please...
  18. C

New Set of Good Eagle F1 Tires

Selling a brand new set (4) of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Max Performance Summer tires. I'm located in the SF South Bay (cupertino) area. Size: 225/40R18 Asking: $400 Thanks for looking! FEATURES & WARRANTIES -A new tread compound with motorsport resins helps provide superior dry...
  19. C

Clunking sound coming from rear.

Hey guys. I just got an alignment for my gti and there's been a clunking sound coming from the rear. The alignment shop says it's cause of a rubber canvas issues with the rear left driver gear spring. I'm not sure what's going on here. Any ideas guys? Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  20. C

Reducing insurance while on vacation. Financed with vw credit.

Hey guys. I'm am traveling for 4 months. Does anyone know what the required minimum coverage for a financed car through vw credit is? It's hard for me to get in touch with them overseas. Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk